Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I saw a ghost today.

edited April 2010 in Buddhism Basics
Walking to the store today,
I walk in through a deserted parking lot, I get into the store, buy a case of beer and some chips, I walk out and there is a car parked, no driver...

just a chick in the passenger seat....
a blond with nice long hair,
I was like
"ohh...she looks cute!!" I look at her face.

She had no face..

It was weird because the fact didn't bother me...I just kept on walking...
I was like "Okay...LOL... I have to remember to tell someone I saw a ghost"

I was not afraid at all, just like hypnotized...im still not afraid.. the vibe
I could feel was just relaxed but strange...hmmm

What I can't dismiss is...if you see a sexy , beautiful girl, any man- like me, or hell ANY MAN, will look for that girls face, it just wasn't there between her ears, under her hair above her chin..you know...I am brainwashed as a man, to look at the DETAILS of a potential mate..

no face.
like she was a ...barbie that didn't have a face drawn on it yet....blank.

but she moved around ...was definitely not an inanimate object...

it offends logic to say I saw a ghost..but I wonder how badly I might have "soberly" made an impossible mistake like that

:grin:
CREEPY MUAHAHa

Comments

• NomaDBuddhaNomaDBuddha Scalpel wielder :) Bucharest Veteran
    edited April 2010
    TheFound wrote: »
    Walking to the store today,
    I walk in through a deserted parking lot, I get into the store, buy a case of beer and some chips, I walk out and there is a car parked, no driver...

just a chick in the passenger seat....
    a blond with nice long hair,
    I was like
    "ohh...she looks cute!!" I look at her face.

She had no face..

It was weird because the fact didn't bother me...I just kept on walking...
    I was like "Okay...LOL... I have to remember to tell someone I saw a ghost"

I was not afraid at all, just like hypnotized...im still not afraid.. the vibe
    I could feel was just relaxed but strange...hmmm

What I can't dismiss is...if you see a sexy , beautiful girl, any man- like me, or hell ANY MAN, will look for that girls face, it just wasn't there between her ears, under her hair above her chin..you know...I am brainwashed as a man, to look at the DETAILS of a potential mate..

no face.
    like she was a ...barbie that didn't have a face drawn on it yet....blank.

but she moved around ...was definitely not an inanimate object...

it offends logic to say I saw a ghost..but I wonder how badly I might have "soberly" made an impossible mistake like that

:grin:
    CREEPY MUAHAHa

Found, are you sure you were ok before entering the store ? To see barbie like ghosts without faces....c'mon ! Were you ( sorry for my lack of manners) high or something ?
  • edited April 2010
    that's quite interesting the found
  • ValtielValtiel Veteran
    edited April 2010
    Were you ( sorry for my lack of manners) high or something ?
    TheFound? High? C'mon, man! awesomet.gif
  • Mr_SerenityMr_Serenity Veteran
    edited April 2010
    The way you talk about it The Found, it almost makes it hard to take you seriously. Not saying I think you were delusional or on mind altering drugs, but it seems as almost you yourself do not take it seriously lol.. I am the type of person that would chase after or talk to a ghost if I saw one. In fact, just by coincidence I saw a ghost this past week.

I feel as if I have the talent to attract spirits when I really want to. They know I do not fear them, and they know I have seen and heard them before, so it seems like now they some how have become more attracted to me.

I have only seen the actual physical manifestation of a spirit about 3 times. This week for me was one of those times. I was in my living room in the morning just sitting quietly, thinking. About to eat breakfast. But as I was sitting there contemplating, I heard noise coming from my kitchen like a bang or like moving things around.

I ignored the noise at first, but then I heard it again. It sounded like someone was back there, so I turned my head. When I turned my head I noticed a mass of shadow near the ground. It shot right near me across the floor. It scurried past me fast and towards my open balcony. When I saw it, it was the same feeling you get when you look on the wall and see a spider right near your face.

It was that type of feeling when the hairs on your skin stand up. So it was not a trick of the eye, I saw it very well. You only get that feeling when you see something that is actually there. I went after it to check if it was in my balcony, and when I went out there, there was no so sign of it.

Another thing that makes me think this was a spirit. I practiced an intense Qigong session the night before that morning. I imagined that I was manifesting energy of myself and my surroundings all around me when I was doing the breathing and meditation exercises of this Qigong. And my theory is that spirits can probably be empowered by that, enough so to show themselves or more.
  • shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    edited April 2010
    One time I went to bed and saw a black entity move from out of my body, seconds later it became apparent that this was no longer me that I was seeing my my 'self'. It was me and I was it.

Then I looked up and saw or hallucinated 2 people.

Must have been in some sort of dream state.
  • DeshyDeshy Veteran
    edited April 2010
    Chick? blond? long hair? cute? at night? you were alone?
    Oh well ;)
  • edited April 2010
    I think its quite common for ghosts to have no faces, from the ghost stories I have heard so maybe it was not an hullucination. If you see no face then what did you see? Was it just black or something?

I have seen things myself when waking up, which may be hallucination, but was very detailed and complex, something I could not imagine vividly.
  • DeshyDeshy Veteran
    edited April 2010
    Strange that the ghosts most men see are cute blonds :lol:
  • edited April 2010
    chick in the passenger seat

leads me to think there may have been at least one window in between you. Perhaps at the angle you were standing, where the sun was, how the light was reflecting(or absence of) that for a split second you could have mistaken her to not have a face?

I once thought there was a snake on the ground. I turned on the light and it was just a rope.