Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

George Harrison DVD

buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
edited September 2005 in General Banter
I was watching the, relatively new, "Concert For George" DVD.

I've always been very impressed with George Harrison - I felt his great music was overshadowed by the blitzkrieg of hits that Paul and John wrote. But, some of my favorite Beatle music is by George.

It always impressed me, even during my sentence at the Christian Mindset Correction Facility, that, as a Westerner, he took his new religious/philosophical views so seriously. Just not as a passing phase.

Anyway, a very touching concert and wonderful work on the music.

Plus, there are guest appearances by Ravi and Anoushka Shankar.

-bf

P.S. Did anyone here know that Nora Jones and Anoushka Shankar are Ravi's daughters?

Comments

• edited September 2005
    BF, I to like George Harrison's work and agree that he often had to take a back seat to John and Paul....always struck me as a quiet private and unassuming individual.....interesting about Nora Jones, didn't know that little Nugget of info.