Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

An Amazing man

RichardHRichardH Veteran
edited June 2010 in Buddhism Today
During the last Israel/Hamas bloodletting there was a Palestinian doctor, and peace actvist, Ezzeldeen Abu al-Aish, who was talking live to an israeli(!?) radio host from Gaza, when an IDF tank round came through his house killing his daughters before his eyes. The recording is horrific as he tries to comprehend his decapitated girl. The anguish is palpable, and devastating. The attack was a gratuitous murder.

Yet, this man was just interviewed on CBC (canadian national radio) and has written a book titled "I will not hate". He says that he has no hatred toward to those who did this to his family, finds the notion of "other" to be absurd, and only sees blame in the situation and ideas that are running the show. His courage and willingness to not hate is amazing. He is amazing.

Just heard this and wanted to share

Comments

• DhammaDhatuDhammaDhatu Veteran
    edited May 2010
    Thank you.

:)
  • bushinokibushinoki Veteran
    edited May 2010
    Richard, being one who is aquainted first hand with the horrors of war, I find myself greatly respecting this man. I need to learn to be more like him. It is so easy to hate those that committed such a horrific act. To refuse to hate, even in the face of such horror, is beyond my comprehension.
  • shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    edited June 2010
    I think I'm going to buy it.
  • shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    edited June 2010
    Hmmm.. not on amazon or google... ne help?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2010
    not yet published.
  • RichardHRichardH Veteran
    edited June 2010
    The title is Shall not hate. It is available through Amazon Canada.

http://www.amazon.ca/Shall-Not-Hate-Doctors-Journey/dp/0307358887
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2010
    Good for you.
    No wonder I couldn't find it.

I stand corrected.

Which is rare, so enjoy it while it lasts!:lol:
  • GuyCGuyC Veteran
    edited June 2010
    Wow. Absolutely amazing story. I must buy this book.
  • edited June 2010
    For those who are feeling down and want a double dose of unbelievable forgiveness, I have this link: http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,389491,00.html

As someone who can't even properly forgive my middle school bullies, I am stunned. I really look up to people who can forgive like that; they are the true Buddhists.

Sorry if this is considered thread hijacking.
  • edited June 2010
    great. gotta get it.