Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A query about Free Buddhist Books

edited August 2010 in Philosophy
Recently as I visit the link : http://www.budaedu.org/en/book/
I notice that they claim that they send Books anywhere in the world. Are they reliable? I have no experience. This is why I ask it.

Thanks

Comments

• edited May 2010
    No one knows about them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2010
    There's no need to shout.

Given the replies received, I would say your second post is probably accurate.
    you'll just have to try them out and find out for yourself.
  • edited May 2010
    If only I could remember... I know there was a site online that you could get free Buddhist literature and only paid shipping, and the shipping was around $10 and it was supposed to take a long time to get them. I ordered 'em maybe 2 months ago... and haven't received a thing. If I remember *which* site that was, I'll at least be able to tell you not to go to that one. ;)
  • edited May 2010
    Thanks.
  • hjym2_hjym2_ New
    edited May 2010
    Hello,

I have ordered from them, and they sent books quite soon and I they even paid postage. So it didn't cost anything for me. And they even sent me extra...

So, I recommend.

They do great work!
  • edited May 2010
    So you have got books from "http://www.budaedu.org/en/book/" without any cost!

Then I shall order them to send me some of the required books.

Thanks a lot.
  • DeshyDeshy Veteran
    edited May 2010
    hjym2_ wrote: »
    Hello,

I have ordered from them, and they sent books quite soon and I they even paid postage. So it didn't cost anything for me. And they even sent me extra...

How sweet :D
  • edited May 2010
    hjym2_ wrote: »
    Hello,

So, I recommend.

They do great work!

Hello hjym2_,
    You have written "And they even sent me extra...". Can you tell me what extra did they sent you?
  • hjym2_hjym2_ New
    edited June 2010
    sovan wrote: »
    Hello hjym2_,
    You have written "And they even sent me extra...". Can you tell me what extra did they sent you?

Sure... There was many :D Posters of Shakyamuni, Ksitigarbha... Two little laminated pics of Amitabha that you can hang on a hook. Then two or three books, I forgot the names (I gave them to dharma centre so I can't check names now).
  • edited June 2010
    Thanks a lot for your reply.
  • johnathanjohnathan Canada Veteran
    edited June 2010
    I just wrote up my order and am heading out to mail it :D

Here are some sources of online books in case anyone is interested:

http://www.buddhanet.net/budsas/ebud/ebidx.htm
  • edited June 2010
    Thanks a lot for this share.
  • edited June 2010
    Inward Path Publishing is good. They provide high-quality (new) books and CDs on Buddhism and you only need to pay for the shipping. The only downside is that it may take 3 months to get the books.....they are sent across ground and then by sea. You get really cool stamps from Malaysia and the Philippines and such though. :)

Just search for 'Inward Path' in Google and it'll pop right up.

Namaste
  • edited June 2010
    Thanks a lot.
  • DeshyDeshy Veteran
    edited July 2010
    Pity, they probably are spending more on shipping than on the books. If you buy the books form your local book store the overall cost will be pretty much less. This is actually good for those folks who do not have enough access to Dhamma books in their counties.
  • edited July 2010
    Deshy wrote: »
    Pity, they probably are spending more on shipping than on the books. If you buy the books form your local book store the overall cost will be pretty much less. This is actually good for those folks who do not have enough access to Dhamma books in their counties.

Thanks.
    Actually I noticed that those books are not available in our local market. This is why I have ordered them to send books. And as those are free, it is easier for me to order those.
  • DeshyDeshy Veteran
    edited July 2010
    Well I was not referring to you in particular Sovan. Just gave a general statement. I had a look at the list of books and most of them are not very expensive, at least in my country.
  • ValtielValtiel Veteran
    edited July 2010
    Jonathen- it's probably too late but you can just e-mail your request, you don't have to mail it.
  • johnathanjohnathan Canada Veteran
    edited July 2010
    Thanks Valtiel... it is too late but I'll keep it in mind for the next batch of books I order... :)
  • edited July 2010
    Hi Bros, Sis

check this site FREE Dhamma E books : http://what-buddha-taught.net/

Hope you gain wisdom through that.
  • edited July 2010
    I have gotten the requested books from
    http://www.budaedu.org/en/book/

Their service, packing everything is excellent.
  • mugzymugzy Veteran
    edited August 2010
    Which ones did you get?
  • edited August 2010
    Some Bengali Books.

Thanks.