Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Buddhism is stupid and evil

shanyinshanyin Novice YoginSault Ontario Veteran
edited May 2010 in General Banter
... NOT! haha got your attention.

I was going to post about the video that was #4 when you type in Buddhism on youtube. But you wouldn't be able to watch some of it then turn it off because it has been taken down

So I present:
Buddhism: The Great Evil
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNOfTGSADdY

What's your reaction to that title?

Comments

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited May 2010
    It is NOT evil... How dare you say that >:-0
  • shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    edited May 2010
    "Buddhism is a completely violent f-ing religion and nobody seems to acknowledge that."

:eek:
    edited May 2010
    Lol I think nobody cares.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited May 2010
    This guy isn't required to like buddhism. I don't mind. I think the whole problem is that the 4 and 8 are very simple. Its hard to be simple isn't it?

My teacher says you cannot enter the 8 fold until you have a profound insight that shakes your samsaric view.
  • GlowGlow Veteran
    edited May 2010
    5. 'Brethren, if outsiders should speak against me, or against the Doctrine, or against the Order, you should not on that account either bear malice, or suffer heart-burning, or feel ill will. If you, on that account, should be angry and hurt, that would stand in the way of your own self-conquest. If, when others speak against us, you feel angry at that, and displeased, would you then be able to judge how far that speech of theirs is well said or ill?''That would not be so, Sir.'
    'But when outsiders speak in dispraise of me, or of the Doctrine, or of the Order, you should unravel what is false and point it out as wrong, saying: "For this or that reason this is not the fact, that is not so, such a thing is not found among us, is not in us."'
    6. 'But also, brethren, if outsiders should speak in praise of me, in praise of the Doctrine, in praise of the Order, you should not, on that account, be filled with pleasure or gladness, or be lifted up in heart. Were you to be so that also would stand in the way of your self-conquest. When outsiders speak in praise of me, or of the Doctrine, or of the Order, you should acknowledge what is right to be the fact, saying: "For this or that reason this is the fact, that is so, such a thing is found among us, is in us."'
    7. 'It is in respect only of trifling things, of matters of little value, of mere morality, that an unconverted man, when praising the Tathàgata, would speak. And what are such trifling, minor details of mere morality that he would praise.
    Source: Brahmajala Sutta
    edited May 2010
    cool I got something out of my thread.
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited May 2010
    An actual, literal armchair philosopher, courtesy of YouTube. How rich our world is.
  • GuyCGuyC Veteran
    edited May 2010
    Lincoln wrote: »
    An actual, literal armchair philosopher, courtesy of YouTube. How rich our world is.
    Agree :lol:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2010
    If ever a post dripped with sarcasm.......:grin: