Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

nibbana as a drug

mettafoumettafou Veteran
edited May 2010 in General Banter
could it one day be possible? would you take it?

Comments

• edited May 2010
    dude they already got it it's on the buddhist black market you just gotta find the right lama to get it but you gotta keep it secret cause the jews have been trying for ages to get their hands on it
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2010
    They'd probably charge you money for it....why take it when the real thing's available for free?
  • NomaDBuddhaNomaDBuddha Scalpel wielder :) Bucharest Veteran
    edited May 2010
    mettafou wrote: »
    could it one day be possible? would you take it?

Drugs in general equal attachement. Nirvana is the opposite of attachement, to say it in a few words.
    Now, if you reffer to the fact that both things change the physical and mental state of a person, yeah, both have the same common point. But still, they are opposite. Nirvana can be , for instance, the moment you quit all the drugs poisoning your life...
  • mettafoumettafou Veteran
    edited May 2010
    hypothetically of course... if a drug somehow physiologically gave rise to nibbana with remainder then it attachment wouldn't be an issue after a few hits.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited May 2010
    One thing about nibbana is that it is the unconditioned. Otherwise it would have the mark of impermanent and unsatisfactory. And who wants an unsatisfactory nibbana.

A drug is always conditioned. Which means that you could experience nibbana while also drunk or high but not because of it. Nibbana is also not conditioned on sobriety.

By the way thats not the official opinion of anyone but me and my thinker is powered on coffee and not nibbana hehe.
  • newtechnewtech Veteran
    edited May 2010
    haha was thinking the same thing, but my opinion is that nibbana changes all your mind: feelings,memory,perception,senses, consciousness,etc so instead of a pill u will need an entire brain.
  • upekkaupekka Veteran
    edited May 2010
    newtech wrote: »
    haha was thinking the same thing, but my opinion is that nibbana changes all your mind: feelings,memory,perception,senses, consciousness,etc so instead of a pill u will need an entire brain.
    :p
  • TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran
    edited May 2010
    Is this gonna be prescription nibanna (pure and oh sooo sweet:om:) or I am gonna have to go to a "nibanna house" where some guy is nibannaed out:rarr: and cutting it with everything but the kitchen sink? Will my nibanna habit fund a nibanna cartel and possible nefarious activities? Is it a straight cash situation or can I get my nibanna in trade? Gotta ask.
    Yours in the Nibanna,
    Todd
  • lightwithinlightwithin Veteran
    edited May 2010
    Is this gonna be prescription nibanna (pure and oh sooo sweet:om:) or I am gonna have to go to a "nibanna house" where some guy is nibannaed out:rarr: and cutting it with everything but the kitchen sink? Will my nibanna habit fund a nibanna cartel and possible nefarious activities? Is it a straight cash situation or can I get my nibanna in trade? Gotta ask.
    Yours in the Nibanna,
    Todd

This made me laugh. Thanks.