Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I don't like to have possesions?

edited June 2010 in General Banter
I feel they weigh me down. Sometimes it's not that much fun either. I like to play instruments, but don't want to own them... I want hobbies but don't want the things I need to buy to have the hobby. It's kind of ridiculous.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    I know what you mean shannobn, owning stuff can be a real drag. When everyone around me talks about i pods, i phones and i what-ever -else I do feel pretty underwhelmed by it all.

Metta and freedom :)
  • shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    edited June 2010
    Focus on the use and when your not around it forget it exists is the advice I have on the top of my head.
  • edited June 2010
    what kind of processions are you talking about.
  • edited June 2010
    I like that what you are saying, it makes a lot of sense to me. How can you believe that it is really true?
  • edited June 2010
    I don't like to have a lot of possesions either. I had to get rid of a lot of my things (which wasn't actually a lot compared to most people, since I've always been quite minimalist) in preparation for a big move. I spent about a week in between the old and the new place staying with family. It was quite a feeling of freedom to know that I had so little. :)
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    edited June 2010
    Possessions are a real nuisance, but sometimes it's just easier to own something than keep borrowing it.;)

P
  • edited June 2010
    i think u are lucky to have this kind of thought :)