Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Making a Documentary on Buddhism-need your help!

edited November 2010 in Arts & Writings
I am planning on making a documentary that I can post online in order to help introduce people to Buddhism. My goal is to make an accessible video that does not go extremely in depth with technical terms or traditional Buddhism, but instead helps depict its basic concepts in a simple way that seems relevant to many peoples' lives.

Here is what I need from you!

-video clips that depict natural settings(such as forests, mountains, rivers, oceans) that I could use during voice-overs
-video clips of kids in third-world countries smiling/having fun (I know this is specific but it would be good)
-short video interviews of yourself describing basic aspects of Buddhism (I especially need this, and if you are interested then message me and I will tell you the concepts that I would like for you to provide your interpretation for)

Thank you so much everyone! Please help me out and be part of this movement that can help introduce Buddhism to people on a wide scale. I believe that many here in the West would be interested in Buddhism, but simply have not heard enough about it.

My email is BuddhistFuture@gmail.com

Thanks again!

Comments

• ValtielValtiel Veteran
    edited June 2010
    For the generic video clips I would search Google for "free stock videos".
  • FoibleFullFoibleFull Canada Veteran
    edited June 2010
    For goodness sakes, don't ask US! Find some monks/nuns/teachers whose qualifications you can doublecheck and you can affirm that they have a solid understanding of Buddhism.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2010
    Hey!

Palzang
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Hey, Tim!

Sorry I'm no techie, but I love your Alan Watts lectures with your film footage here. It looks like you uploaded these in April?

Is your project still in the collecting stage for those interested?
  • edited November 2010
    I agree, it's good to get a more diversified representative view on Buddhism. (:

I think even filming a monk in deep meditation will be an eye-opener towards meditative stereotypes.