Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Sign this Petition!

mettafoumettafou Veteran
edited August 2010 in Buddhism Today
https://secure.nrdconline.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=1817&s_src=nrdchpa

Protest the Pebble Mine

Sign our Petition of Protest telling the Mitsubishi Corporation that you oppose its backing of the disastrous Pebble Mine, which threatens the wildlife and Native communities of Bristol Bay. More than 100,000 people from around the world have already sent a message of protest to Anglo American, another mega-corporation behind the project. Now, we need to send a message loud and clear to the Mitsubishi shareholders meeting on June 24.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    hmmm.....
  • mettafoumettafou Veteran
    edited June 2010
    i hope this doesn't happen. they use cyanide to bring out gold and ruin the mountains and the salmon and then follows all the other wildlife and the native people will be killed or forcibly dislocated as usual. signing these petitions has stopped mitzubishi from mining in the past.
  • johnathanjohnathan Canada Veteran
    edited June 2010
    Signed and delivered...
  • edited June 2010
    then why is this happening again?
  • GuyCGuyC Veteran
    edited July 2010
    daveysmith wrote: »
    then why is this happening again?

This is the nature of Samsara.
  • edited July 2010
    sad. there should be permanent ban for this kind of thing.
  • Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited August 2010
    This sort of thing is terrible. I support Greenpeace so I commonly sign all sorts of petitions...

Nickidoodle JB
  • ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited August 2010
    As buddha started the wheel of the dharma rolling, someone long after started the wheel of capitalism and consumerism. The problem is, more people are inclined to put their lives on the second wheel of greed, destruction and fat cats. I believe this second wheel is too big and rolling too fast to be stopped :( But, there is no point in worrying about it and becoming sad, it is beyond our power, but we can do things like sign these petitions :)
  • Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited August 2010
    I agree with you :)