Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Need To Raise $250

edited June 2010 in General Banter
I've probably posted here on only a few occasions so I can understand the major reluctancy to what I am about to ask. But I really have no where else to turn for help and I figured if anyone could sympathize with my situation it would be you guys.

I've just been offered a scholarship to live and study at the Sonoma Mountain Zen Center and I don't have the money for the bus fare to make it out there. I live in Florida, so walking to California is pretty much out of the question.

If I can find just 10 people to make a $25 donation that would cover it and any donations can be sent via paypal to northsuite.de@gmail.com

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask, I'm not on here trying to scam anyone.

-Much Bests

Comments

• edited June 2010
    How much time do you have before you travel?

Maybe you could offer to do odd jobs for people in your community for your donations. I'm sure many would be happy to part with their money for a good deed and it's good karma as a bonus.
  • edited June 2010
    2 weeks.

Yea, I have been searching craigslist within my area for people needing yard work, house cleaning ,etc..
  • edited June 2010
    To the two people who donated. It's appreciated beyond words. Thank you very much.

$150 is all I need now.
  • edited June 2010
    rideshare offers cheap alternatives to getting around, depending on the weather of the people's dispositions,,,
    and if you're going to do zen, might as well attempt to hitchhike
    elsewise you're no better than a common theravada "bhikku"! :lol: