Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Jin Zhi's Art

edited June 2010 in Arts & Writings
Hi everyone, just wanted to share some of my work. I will post more soon.

Buddha_AP3.jpg

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Nice do you have a website?
  • johnathanjohnathan Canada Veteran
    edited June 2010
    If you could expound on the symbolism to us Noob's it would be greatly appreciated...

ie. what's the symbol on the fellows forehead... is this an image of the Buddha... what do the Dragon's symbolize... is their any significance to the background...

or is there no symbolism and just looks cool?
  • TreeLuvr87TreeLuvr87 Veteran
    edited June 2010
    Either way this definitely looks awesome, but yeah, give us some of your explanation into it! This is a gorgeous creation.
  • aMattaMatt Veteran
    edited June 2010
    Is this collage art or did you craft the individual pieces? The intricacy of the background is particularly interesting!

With warmth,

Matt
  • edited June 2010
    Thanks for the comments. To answer a few questions... the symbol on the forehead is the Chinese character for wisdom. The figure represents the Buddha, the dragons represent our dualistic minds.
    The piece is a digital collage of various cliparts from my collection, with my tweaks, masks and vision using photoshop.
    I do have a website, some of my work can be viewed here...

http://www.rick-hart.com/ and http://www.artifolio.com/artist/rhart

Again thanks for the comments.
    Jin Zhi
  • edited June 2010
    Buddha_AP11.jpg
  • FoibleFullFoibleFull Canada Veteran
    edited June 2010
    I absolutely LOVE the expression on his face! Well done!