Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Looking for some buddhist friends for PSN

Hey everyone! Ive been starting to play with my playstation 3 online recently, and thought it would be cool to play with some fellow Buddhists.

My PSN ID is Ace_Card_Bernard , and i think this would be a great place to exchange PSN ID's.

Feel free to post yours as well. Send me an invite, and lets play something sometime.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2010
    In my opinion, there are more profitable ways of spending spare time.
    I know three separate Buddhist friends who have actually given up playing games for that reason. World of warcraft and Mafia wars, and something else, I dunno what.....

But that's just my view....:)
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited June 2010
    We'll chalk that up to a generation gap ;)

I find video games an amazing way to unwind, relax, and gain a different perspective

But that's just my view....:)
  • edited June 2010
    Oh, i 100% agree that there are much better ways to be spending my time.

But regardless, i do enjoy playing games here and there.
  • ValtielValtiel Veteran
    edited June 2010
    federica wrote: »
    In my opinion, there are more profitable ways of spending spare time.

Like teh internets?

Do you ever read a book or watch a show or rent a movie or play a board game?

Difference?

Do you not spend any time with friends?

Anyway, boo, PS3- xBox FTW.
  • RichardHRichardH Veteran
    edited June 2010
    100% antithetical to practice. A devious machination of Mara. The Turtle in the ocean of Samsara that rears its head through a floating ring once every thousand years, has a better chance of liberation than people playing these fetid distractions....

....Now some of the older RTS games like Age of Empires, or Stronghold 2.... thats different. :D Age of Empires was beautifully put together, and the variety of strategies you could try keep those outposts growing and supplied. A work of art it was.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2010
    Valtiel wrote: »
    Like teh internets?
    I only ever frequent this forum and another Buddhist one. They're my sanghas. I belong to two others, but rarely go there....
    Do you ever read a book or watch a show or rent a movie or play a board game?
    yes
    Don't have a TV
    see above
    No.
    Difference?
    you tell me....
    Do you not spend any time with friends?
    You are my friends.
    I have a limited, almost non-existent circle of friends off-line in fact.
    I have work colleagues, people I interact with on a day-to-day basis, and dog behaviour clients.
    but they're not what I would call 'friends'.
    I don't have a car, and only a cell-phone.
    my folks live in Italy, so even visiting parents doesn't count.

So.......?
  • edited June 2010
    Hey there

My PSN ID is Mr_Hyperion. Look me up, and we shall mindfully blow things to bits. I'm in Japan, though, so, because of the time difference, it may not be so easy to get into a good game.
  • edited June 2010
    Sweet, urizen! I sent you a friend request with a message attached.

I saw you have red dead, well have to play some co op.
  • edited June 2010
    Valtiel wrote: »
    Anyway, boo, PS3- xBox FTW.

Agreed. ;)

Although I'm not on Live yet. I play Guitar Hero and Rock Band mostly.
  • VictoriousVictorious Grim Veteran
    edited June 2010
    federica wrote: »
    I only ever frequent this forum and another Buddhist one. They're my sanghas. I belong to two others, but rarely go there....

yes
    Don't have a TV
    see above
    No.

you tell me....

You are my friends.
    I have a limited, almost non-existent circle of friends off-line in fact.
    I have work colleagues, people I interact with on a day-to-day basis, and dog behaviour clients.
    but they're not what I would call 'friends'.
    I don't have a car, and only a cell-phone.
    my folks live in Italy, so even visiting parents doesn't count.

So.......?

Sounds pretty lucky I would say.

Before I had kids I had no TV. Lived in the Dojo for a while (literaly). But I did have my training buddies.

/Victor