Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Experiment

2»

Comments

• SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited October 2005
    At your request, YM. On its way to you.
  • edited October 2005
    You're the best! It feels better already! :)
  • edited October 2005
    Cheers Simon, I can feel the knots in my back releasing as I type !
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited October 2005
    To be quite frank, I have absolutely no understanding of or, even. much belief in the healing that people say they receive from me.

My head is a terrible sceptical rationalist. My 'heart' (as I call it, a sort of 'gut feeling' or is it self-delusion?)suggests the most outrageous things: healing by laying my hands on, distant healing, and a sort of 'insight' (big word for successful guess) in the therapy, counselling and spiritual direction which have been my profession.

Perhaps I have said this before and, if so, I apologise and hope that you will forgive an ageing brain. Years ago, I had a person come to see for counselling. They came for a long time, using our meetings in many different ways: bereavement, poetry, spiritual discussion. They were very experienced in many schools/sects/cults, being a great 'joiner' and the current work was esoteric. On one occasion, I was asked about my own belief 'system'. I was then and am now incapable of summarising my beliefs because I am still not sure what I actually do believe. After some discussion, I was told that I had probably been a powerful magician in an earlier life and had either burned out or had practised the Black Arts. I still think it was simply a 'hippy' invention. But I am left with a question:

How can it happen that I manage things that I believe are impossible or imaginary?
  • edited October 2005
    Simon, I know exactly what you mean. I was incredibly sceptical about Reiki before I learned it. A friend of mine raved about it so I thought, what the hell, I'll give it a go. It wasn't too expensive to do the 1st degree course so I figured that I wouldn't lose much if it turned out to be a load of nonsense.
    However, I was amazed at what I experienced on that course and the benefits I got from doing the daily self treatment meditations. I then went onto the 2nd degree course and then a year later took the master/teacher training.
    I've had positive feedback doing hands on sessions for people but this is the first time I've sent distant healing to a group of people I'd never met before. I'm pleasantly surprised (although I shouldn't be!) that it seems to work.
    Also it was Reiki that led me to take a more in depth look into Buddhism beyond that which I had studied at an academic level and thank goodness I did !