Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Which Other Religions Would Accept Me?

Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
edited August 2010 in Faith & Religion
I'm a member on a Wiccan forum aswell as this forum and I would like to join some more forums. Could somebody please tell me which religions would accept an Eclectic Buddhist-Wiccan-Unitarian Universalist such as myself? Thank you :o

All the best

Comments

• edited June 2010
    First Church of Religious Science - seriously, you would fit right in! :)
  • Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited June 2010
    cheers :)

All the best
    edited June 2010
    It appears they don't have a forum :-/

All the best
  • edited June 2010
    Maybe you could try Beliefnet?:

http://www.beliefnet.com/

I'm also a member of this forum:

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/religious-debates/, it's quite cool.

I'm not sure if this helps or not, but, I hope it does :).

BTW, this isn't a forum, but, it might interest you, it's a link about Tibetan Buddhism, but, the author, I think, has written a book relating Vajrayana (Tibetan Buddhism) to Wicca, and some interesting articles, the guy is legit, as I've asked around from various other Tibetan Buddhists.

Here's the link:

http://vajranatha.com/

Anyway, like I said, I hope this helps :).
  • NomaDBuddhaNomaDBuddha Scalpel wielder :) Bucharest Veteran
    edited June 2010
    LoveNPeace wrote: »
    Eclectic Buddhist-Wiccan-Unitarian Universalist

All the best

Say Wuuut?
    edited June 2010
    LOL

Thanks for the links, I'll try them out :)

All the best
  • edited June 2010
    LOL

Thanks for the links, I'll try them out :)

All the best

No problem :).

David.
  • edited July 2010
    I'd ask myself, which other religions would I accept? How can one possibly think in such terms? Identification must play a key role there. So it should go both ways. You cannot be accepted or accept that which doesn't fit you.
  • edited July 2010
    I'd ask myself, which other religions would I accept? How can one possibly think in such terms? Identification must play a key role there. So it should go both ways. You cannot be accepted or accept that which doesn't fit you.

Very valid point! Well said.

I also must ask. Why are you trying to find so many religions?

Do your current ones not work for you?

Curiosity?

Building a nice resume?
  • edited July 2010
    Very valid point! Well said.

I also must ask. Why are you trying to find so many religions?

Do your current ones not work for you?

Curiosity?

Building a nice resume?

As far as I'm concerned, it is more a matter of thought than of religions. Buddhism strikes me as an organizer of individual energy. I need discipline and the peace that comes with it, so I decided to visit. I was basing my statement on the fact that religions/philosophical groups, are not supposed to accept you. You're supposed to accept them (or not). I also find a lot of valid ideas in different currents of thought and there's no reason why I should not blend them together.

I'm technically irreligious, but I value any clever peace of advice.

october1560
  • edited July 2010
    There has been some confusion october.

I simply was saying how good of a point you made when you said:

"You cannot be accepted or accept that which doesn't fit you."

The other questions were intended for the original poster.

Sorry for the mix up.
  • edited July 2010
    "You cannot be accepted or accept that which doesn't fit you."
    Even if it does not fit you now, it would fit you one day, may by next life or many lives after then - That means, just go through the processes of choosing, suffering, choosing and waiting for exceptance. In fact, It just could not come into term that the atmosphere did not accept you, you ought to move in to merge with the atmosphere and love together hahahaha. Seriously, I did not see any problem in loveNpeace :D
  • edited July 2010
    Im not sure if i would agree that every religion would "Fit" us at one point or another.

But i do agree with Octobers original post, stating that we should be trying to find a religion that we agree with, not a religion that agrees with us.

I dont think any other philosophical ideas were implied.
  • edited July 2010
    Disney wrote: »
    Even if it does not fit you now, it would fit you one day, may by next life or many lives after then - That means, just go through the processes of choosing, suffering, choosing and waiting for exceptance. In fact, It just could not come into term that the atmosphere did not accept you, you ought to move in to merge with the atmosphere and love together hahahaha. Seriously, I did not see any problem in loveNpeace :D

The way I see it, choice is indeed a process of suffering, since you're obviously forced to leave a load of "luggage" behind - and that is "somehow" unpleasant - that is, embarassing, at the very least. (humans hate to slam doors).

I do not see a problem in love, IF there is love. Then, you will certainly strive for transformation. My point is: You should not constrict yourself into anything or strive for acceptation alone. Acceptation comes with love, and love comes with identification. No matter if the atmosphere accepts you or not, you'll strive to evolve and addapt, and you ultimately learn the language. If you're stiving for acceptation alone, then maybe you're simply in a process of supressing your hated self, by replacing it with a delusion of yourself. That's a major doubt when coming with terms with the buddhist acceptation concept. But then again, doubt is part of the process, so I'm probably on the right path.

october1560
  • edited July 2010
    As a nontheist practicing Wiccan, I can say that there are Wiccan groups which are comfortable accepting somebody who wants to do what they're doing, but for different reasons. Pagan traditions, in my experience and from the research I've done, are brought together far more by common practice than by common beliefs. The group I practice with has been around for about fifteen years, and encompasses a lot of diverse beliefs (including warm acceptance of little atheist me). As long as everybody has some reason to be there and everybody agrees to certain standards of behavior within the group, it's all good.

I'm not sure what access you have to Wiccan groups within your geographical area that suit you, but I just set up a message board for my Wiccan community and you'd certainly be more than welcome to stop by.

http://thaliaclan.yuku.com/

I think that Buddhist boards will be pretty friendly to you, at least from my own experience. Most eclectic Wiccan groups would be totally cool with you as well. If you're asking for advice, I'd say pick a community that has people you'd want to be around. If there's a lot of sniping and drama, then it's clearly not a place where people are going to support each other through their personal work. However, if the members are supportive and positive and honest, it probably doesn't matter what tradition they identify with or you identify with; you'll probably find something good there.
    edited July 2010
    Well I'm a member of a Wiccan forum already but I'd be very happy to look at your board thanks :D

And everyone, I'm not bothered if I accept the religion because I want to talk to people of different religions who won't dislike my beliefs. Anyway, I'm perfectly aware of who I accept so I wouldn't need to ask anybody else

Nickidoodle Jellybean
  • edited July 2010
    I'm a member on a Wiccan forum aswell as this forum and I would like to join some more forums. Could somebody please tell me which religions would accept an Eclectic Buddhist-Wiccan-Unitarian Universalist such as myself? Thank you
    Rather than looking at religion I think some Spiritual Philosophies wouldn't contradict your beliefs. I can see why you like these three paths because they are quiet broad, nothing hard and fast, more liberal and accepting.

Have a look at Hermetica (Hermeticism) and research the Kybalion and Corpus Hermetica.

Also the Rosicrucian Order. http://www.rosicrucian.org/

These two paths should have forums.

Also have a look at Adviata Vedanta I know these have forums as i've come across them.

:)
  • cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    edited July 2010
    Im sure Scientology would embrace you with open arms as well Tehheee. ;)
    edited July 2010
    Thank you for the suggestions :)

Nickidoodle Jellybean
  • cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    edited July 2010
    Thank you for the suggestions :)

Nickidoodle Jellybean

I was joking bowt the last one Nick :D
  • edited July 2010
    Are you quoting Geshe-la, from the Duldzin centre???
    edited July 2010
    LOL

Nickidoodle Jellybean
  • edited August 2010
    I'm a member on a Wiccan forum aswell as this forum and I would like to join some more forums. Could somebody please tell me which religions would accept an Eclectic Buddhist-Wiccan-Unitarian Universalist such as myself? Thank you :o

All the best
    Yahoo answers is a great place to meet people of all different religions. Me being a Heathen, I've met several others and they've all been willing to help me out. I met one man whos been a Heathen for 35 years! You can learn a lot from there, just be careful many are Zealots and will try to "debate" or "convert" you. ;)
  • edited August 2010
    Yahoo answers is a great place to meet people of all different religions. Me being a Heathen, I've met several others and they've all been willing to help me out. I met one man whos been a Heathen for 35 years! You can learn a lot from there, just be careful many are Zealots and will try to "debate" or "convert" you. ;)

Ah Do you ascribe to any type specific type of Heathenry? I myself do have ancestral connections to Germanic and Norse Heathenry. I do have a large fascination and used to practice with the Norse Pantheon.
    edited August 2010
    Well I'm more a Buddhist again now. Anyway, this forum is enough for me :)