Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Please Could You Take This Survey

Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
edited June 2010 in General Banter
It's a survey to see peoples opinions on equal rights and to find average and to collect data ect. Thank you :D

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/D26JHWM

All the best
Nickidoodle Jellybean

Comments

• ValtielValtiel Veteran
    edited June 2010
    Done. Is it yours? School or general curiosity?
  • Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited June 2010
    Thanks, it was mine, I was just curious to see the results. Thanks :)

All the best
  • edited June 2010
    I took it as well. And answered yes to everything.

Hardest one was the first question but i eventually said that humans are more important than other animals, because humans have rational thought and can help the world much more than any other animal could.

Granted, humans have just as much potential to be harmful to the world, but whether positive or negative, the HUGE impact humans have are more of an important factor than that of animals.

I am open for discussion on my newfound stance on the matter. haha.

EDIT: also, is there a reason that the first three questions have asterisks by them?
    edited June 2010
    What's asterisk? I suppose the first one would be very hard for me too. I don't what I'd answer...

all the best
  • johnathanjohnathan Canada Veteran
    edited June 2010
    I'd say the only thing that makes humans more important than animals is our ego's.
    edited June 2010
    Got to agree I suppose. Just 'cos we have power doesn't make us special. In fact if everybody vanished it would only be bad for pets that have been bred beyond surviving in a natural environment :-/

All the best
    Nickidoodle Jellybean
    edited June 2010
    I voted yes to all but the first one...
  • edited June 2010
    johnathan wrote: »
    I'd say the only thing that makes humans more important than animals is our ego's.

I would say the only reason why humans are more important is because of the destruction they can create... nothing more.

In fact I have always held animals in the same regard or higher than humans as a whole.

By the way I answered the survey as well. and if you just sent it to the members of this on-line community I would expect most answers would be in the same vein.
    edited June 2010
    I didn't mean our egos make us more important, I just meant our ego's cause our perception to think we are... :)

I too have a high regard for nature and its many creatures... That is why I was drawn to Taoism and Pantheism before I began learning about Buddhism... I still hold many of those concepts and principles in my fancy new Buddhist utility belt...
    edited June 2010
    Olarte wrote: »
    I would say the only reason why humans are more important is because of the destruction they can create... nothing more.

It is because of the human ego that we can create such destruction.
  • edited June 2010
    johnathan wrote: »
    It is because of the human ego that we can create such destruction.

regardless of the why is the reality that they\we DO create such destruction, to ourselves, others and the planet :(
    edited June 2010
    So, so true :( I posted it on my Wiccan forum and when I've got up to 15 posts I'll be able to post the link on a forum for all religions, that should get some more varied answers :)

All the best
    Nickidoodle Jellybean
  • NiosNios Veteran
    edited June 2010
    Done :)
    edited June 2010
    Cheers :)

All the best
    Nickidoodle Jellybean