Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Small Victories!

edited July 2010 in General Banter
Hey everyone!!!!

What was your small victory for the day?

I have a long haired cat so when he sheds the fur clumps together. He sheds like a monster and it was very hard to keep up with the fur babies that were being created on my floor.

My vacuum wasn't working. I was unable to suck them up.

That was until my small victory today. I fixed my vacuum and stopped the insurgence of fur babies taking over my apartment floor.

VICTORY!!!

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Well I had been avoiding following up on a Help Desk (IT) call from last week. With the intent of being honest and ethical, I bit the bullet and called back the user.

An hour later and after both of us being frustrated I got around the problem and got him to Print from the app by an alternative method and we both ended up laughing about the whole thing and both ended up happy as we hung up the phone...

Victory indeed!
  • NamelessRiverNamelessRiver Veteran
    edited July 2010
    Congratulations people! Epic high five everyone! :D

2260177343_small_1.png
  • Traveler810Traveler810 Explorer
    edited July 2010
    We're having high temperatures of about 100F here and the AC can't keep up. My victory? Releasing my attachment to the AC comfort. We are going to get it fixed tho. I have respiratory problems and I think doc would recommend it. Thanks. Be well.
  • edited July 2010
    I hope that your AC gets fixed soon. If it is for your health that would be a good thing. I don't have AC because I get big headaches from it. I'm in the same boat with the temperature though. My cat acts like he is suffering but he found the coolest place in the house.
  • edited July 2010
    Whoo, like to hear those happy endings, Olarte! So many times I procrastinate on things that I think will be horrible and... they're not. And yet the next time something similar comes around I dig my feet in again. This is just more proof that we don't have to be so fearful of things.

My small victories today were small, yes, but many. I did a lot of little wedding chores, and I think that we can get everything done in the 2 weeks (!!) left!
  • Traveler810Traveler810 Explorer
    edited July 2010
    Two days after the call to maintenance department in our building, the AC repairman came. It was a 5 hour repair job, paid for by our lease. Those two days were tough, but even though the doctor says I have health problems, suffering about it all was in my mind. I had the patience to wait the short time. I called the management and thanked them. I called the AC contractor to tell them to tell the repairman's boss that the repairman did an excellent job, expecially working in the heat. Victories all round.
  • edited July 2010
    Zachaa wrote: »
    Whoo, like to hear those happy endings, Olarte! So many times I procrastinate on things that I think will be horrible and... they're not. And yet the next time something similar comes around I dig my feet in again. This is just more proof that we don't have to be so fearful of things.

My small victories today were small, yes, but many. I did a lot of little wedding chores, and I think that we can get everything done in the 2 weeks (!!) left!

Thanks,.. yes it's the little victories that add up at the end of the day.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding... talk about a HUGE victory. I've been married 21 years, and while it has it's ups and downs in the end it's a great partnership.

I will you all the best on your very special day enjoy it! and the best of luck and happiness on the rest of your lives together :)

With lots of Metta two the two of you!

Ivan
  • FoibleFullFoibleFull Canada Veteran
    edited July 2010
    I worked hard to set aside irritation and life gave me a reward ...

My daughter and I, out running errands, were very hungry by noon. The third place we went to was open for business, although quite empty of customers.

We both ordered egg salad sandwiches, and sat down to wait. And waited. And waited. After about ten minutes, starting to get impatient. It took a few minutes, but I was able to release my irritation. But not my amazement ... I leaned forward and whispered to my daughter, "How long does it take to make egg salad sandwiches?"

"Maybe they have to boil them first," teased my daughter.

I saw movement out of the corner of my eye and turned my head to see the waitress taking eggs out of the refrigerator.

My eyes met my daughter's, and we burst into a prolonged bout of giggles. What timing!:lol:
  • TreeLuvr87TreeLuvr87 Veteran
    edited July 2010
    Now I'm struggling with letting go of an intense craving for egg salad!!

My small victory was doing some lunges during my workout this morning. I've always struggled with them but can notice a lot more strength in and around my knees. Never thought I'd be happy about doing lunges, but woo!
  • edited July 2010
    Awww, thank you Olarte!

Yay! Lunges!

And yay for finding humor in a hungry situation! I find I'm most grumpy when I'm hungry :)

More wedding stuff got done today... excel lists galore! And I got some resume stuff up on a job finding website, just in case something good comes along.
  • edited July 2010
    Zachaa! That's so great. My brother is getting married in the fall and I hear all about the wedding chores.