Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I'm Enlightened!

GuyCGuyC Veteran
edited August 2010 in General Banter
(...and you're not...ner ner ner ner ner!)

I can run REALLY fast! I can lift 100 pounds right over my head! You wouldn't know it to look at me but I can bait a hook! I can even make emoticons levitate:

:om:

I am fully enlightened! WooT!

Comments

• GuyCGuyC Veteran
    edited July 2010
    Oh...actually...I realized this post probably wasn't very skilful, it'd probably just make you guys all jealous. So I guess I am not enlightened! :sadc:

Sorry! False alarm!
  • shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    edited July 2010
    I totally believed you before I read you're second post.
  • NomaDBuddhaNomaDBuddha Scalpel wielder :) Bucharest Veteran
    edited July 2010
    Are you talking about Birdshine here ?
  • GuyCGuyC Veteran
    edited July 2010
    Are you talking about Birdshine here ?
    Not specifically, although I probably wouldn't have made this post if it weren't for reading about his claim. I don't want to say that he is not enlightened (for all I know he could well be). What I wanted to do with this post was to show (in an albeit exaggerated and maniacal way) how such claims might appear on the internet regardless of whether such claims are true or not true. If he is enlightened, I wonder why he thought it would be a good idea to make this claim on an internet forum?

Perhaps my methodology could use some work but my intentions are for the best. But I'm just an unenlightened human being, so I am bound to make slips here and there.
  • NomaDBuddhaNomaDBuddha Scalpel wielder :) Bucharest Veteran
    edited July 2010
    GuyC wrote: »
    But I'm just an unenlightened human being, so I am bound to make slips here and there.

Me too .
  • pegembarapegembara Veteran
    edited July 2010
    Me three.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited July 2010
    General banter it may be, but is it either skilful or appropriate, or necessary, even....?
  • GuyCGuyC Veteran
    edited July 2010
    In hindsight, definitely not. I really really need to work on practicing Right Speech at times. Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing.
  • ZendoLord84ZendoLord84 Veteran
    edited July 2010
    captain-kirk-demotivational-poster.jpg
  • ZendoLord84ZendoLord84 Veteran
    edited July 2010
    mmmm...wasn't this thread supposed to be a joke of some kind??

just now i've been reading beyong post 1 and 2 (2 rocked by the way lol)...somewere things have gotten serieus ??

my apologies if I offended someone here in a way...

still like my star trek demotivational tough....
  • NamelessRiverNamelessRiver Veteran
    edited July 2010
    It would be funny if it stopped in internet forums. But there are people that call themselves Arhats and sell books on topics such as meditation. This is not even as bad as it gets.

I know of a teacher who claims to be the reincarnation of some people (yes, not just one :P) and goes around telling people to get divorced (and they do), asks for free work hours (as in "because the temple is dirty it is ruining my health, you people need to clean and repaint it") and overworks his\her followers and they even collect his\her nails...
  • edited August 2010
    It would be funny if it stopped in internet forums. But there are people that call themselves Arhats and sell books on topics such as meditation. This is not even as bad as it gets.

I know of a teacher who claims to be the reincarnation of some people (yes, not just one :P) and goes around telling people to get divorced (and they do), asks for free work hours (as in "because the temple is dirty it is ruining my health, you people need to clean and repaint it") and overworks his\her followers and they even collect his\her nails...

ahhh the illusions of our ego and ignorance :) apologies for bringing up old topics