Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Weirdness In Meditation

edited July 2010 in Meditation
I know that I'm not the most experienced with meditation on this forum but in my short time meditating I've had some funky stuff happen. Last night though the weirdest thing drifted by my mind.

Eyes closed. Breath focused. A pair of man's buttocks. WHAT?!

They were just there in my head, wearing a pair of blue jeans. No legs or body. Just derriere.

This is something that made me say "huh" and threw off my focus.

So, what is the weirdest thing that has happened to you on the mat?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    We shouldn't attach to and follow after thoughts or experiences whilst meditating. Just notice attention has wandered, then let them go and place the awareness back with the breath again.

• seeker242seeker242 Zen Florida, USA Veteran
    edited July 2010
    Brxan wrote: »

This is something that made me say "huh" and threw off my focus.

It threw off your focus because you gave it the label of "weird". If you don't give it the label of "weird", it won't throw off your focus.
  • NiosNios Veteran
    edited July 2010
    Here's a funny video that's related. Scroll to 6mins and she talks about the voices and images in your head when you try to sleep and how to deal with it. I like her solution ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru2QbrLBrn8&feature=related
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks Nios. That was hilarious!
  • NiosNios Veteran
    edited July 2010
    You're it :poke:
  • lightwithinlightwithin Veteran
    edited July 2010
    I have to admit that not many weird things go through my head when I meditate. Mostly it's thoughts and images related to my daily life and the particular sounds and sights I take in at that moment.

As long as you don't dwell on the images/thoughts, and let them pass on their own accord, you should be OK. It sure sounds like your mind makes for a very interesting session tho. LoL.