Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

An idea! Time Capsule!

shanyinshanyin Novice YoginSault Ontario Veteran
edited July 2010 in General Banter
Hey everyone. I had an idea. Tell me what to think!

A Buddhist time capsule! Sutras, 4 noble truths, Buddha statue!

Someone may find it and spin the Dhamma wheel!

Comments

• MountainsMountains Veteran
    edited July 2010
    Time doesn't exist. Maybe the best contents would be.... emptiness? :)
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    edited July 2010
    shanyin wrote: »
    A Buddhist time capsule!

We're all Buddhist time capsules really.;)

P
  • edited July 2010
    or maybe go back in time? that would be helpful... correct mistakes. get second chance... AT life.
  • ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited July 2010
    technically you could go back in time if you were to some how fold a dimension around on itself.
  • shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    edited July 2010
    Why are 'Buddhists' so frickin smart?
  • edited July 2010
    technically you could go back in time if you were to some how fold a dimension around on itself.

what about future then?
  • edited July 2010
    Why are 'Buddhists' so frickin smart?

:) you enlighten us...
    edited July 2010
    lol, okay well I have dug something out from you tube explaining the 10 dimensions from a physics point of view if you care to view it. I watched it through myself before adding it here to see if it has any content relating to time travel via the dimensions. It is quite a lot to get your head around though and requires some serious thought lol. it is in 2 parts spanning 12 minutes or so in total so enjoy.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkxieS-6WuA

tom :)
  • edited July 2010
    Hey everyone. I had an idea. Tell me what to think!

A Buddhist time capsule! Sutras, 4 noble truths, Buddha statue!

Someone may find it and spin the Dhamma wheel!

Terma
  • edited July 2010
    that video ...OMG how the hell can i begin to keep up with what the guy is saying although it sounds totally amazing the question should be why are quantum sceintists so fricking smart lol
  • edited July 2010
    lol, okay well I have dug something out from you tube explaining the 10 dimensions from a physics point of view if you care to view it. I watched it through myself before adding it here to see if it has any content relating to time travel via the dimensions. It is quite a lot to get your head around though and requires some serious thought lol. it is in 2 parts spanning 12 minutes or so in total so enjoy.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkxieS-6WuA

tom :)

thanks for sharing.
    edited July 2010
    Lol, this concept is only a theory I assume. I have said in a previous thread that science keeps evolving and correcting itself over time. The world was once flat, we were once at the centre of the universe and the sun revolved around us. I am sure in a few years time, this idea will also be abandoned lol. Buddhism however seems to maintain an foundation and the teachings hardly change with time, if not at all.

Tom :)
  • edited July 2010
    Lol, this concept is only a theory I assume. I have said in a previous thread that science keeps evolving and correcting itself over time. The world was once flat, we were once at the centre of the universe and the sun revolved around us. I am sure in a few years time, this idea will also be abandoned lol. Buddhism however seems to maintain an foundation and the teachings hardly change with time, if not at all.

Tom :)

yes this is still a theory.. but I think our science is advanced enough to understand about a little bit of universe and solar system and I don't think -- we are revolving around the sun think -- would change.