Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Ignorance

Argon.AidArgon.Aid Veteran
edited November 2007 in Faith & Religion
Its sad to note(based on my own views) that many people nowadays are finding their own outside lifes more interesting and important than that of their life.This reaches a point where they forsake their own religion.They forget thier purpose in life.
The main thing I want to bring forward is that they get caught up in their problems in life,they forget that what we have now is not permanent.As a Muslim,we must not let our outside life bring down our faith in our religion.
If this continues,somewhere in the future,we may find our teachings in Islam,either twisted,distorted or even forgotten(maybe not to that extent).Sometimes,I do feel sad for our constant ignorance on our purpose in life.
I had been cured from that stage and my purpose here is to wake more people from their slumber.May your faith in your religion remain strong always.
Ar.Aid

Comments

• edited October 2005
    Argon.Aid wrote:
    they get caught up in their problems in life,they forget that what we have now is not permanent.As a Muslim,we must not let our outside life bring down our faith in our religion.
    Ar.Aid

or our faith in ourselves.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited October 2005
    I would suggest that our ordinary everyday lives should be underpinned, fed by and run alongside our Lives of Faith. How can the two be separate? How can they not combine, mingle and fuse? Everything we think, say or do in our everyday lives should hinge on our Spiritual self, whether we wear our faith on our sleeve or keep it quietly, privately burbling in the background.

"There can be no Happiness, no Serenity no Peace in our hearts, if the things we believe in are different from the things we do."
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited October 2005
    That quote all seems too familiar to ignore... Yet is so irrelevant when you use it on our modern world on a certain unnamed religion...
  • Argon.AidArgon.Aid Veteran
    edited October 2005
    Ya.But we have reach the extent to which,though it may sound extreme,we forget that we HAVE a religion.Imagine this,our hectic lives.Take students in school.Their main aim is to study study study..to gt good marks..earn money..have a good life..but wait..Is life here permanent?So it can be considered unjustified for us to focus our total attenttion to success in our life on Earth.
    May Your Faith In Your Religion Not Waver.
    edited October 2005
    So are you trying to make the students fail their exams and devote entire lives to religion? Sorry but I seem to be reminded that you are the most intelligent in the class and yet your religious faith is strong... Wanna fail your exams now? Haha... I gonnna crush you Argon... In results I mean...
  • Argon.AidArgon.Aid Veteran
    edited October 2005
    No..In Islam..we believe in both your on efforts and belief in religion..we believe that whatever results obtained is all by Allah s.w.t...however..students have reach the extent where they completely lose themselves when they get unsatisfactory results..Asthough it becomes the end of world for them..
    edited October 2005
    That has nothing to do with religion at all. It has to do with personl belief. Tell me why does your prospective wife not kill herself after failing her tests. And why not you try reforming her first?
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited October 2005
    I'm a little lost on what is going on here exactly...

-bf
    edited October 2005
    Nothing much... Just some nonsense of me and Argon... But we are talking about studies and religion... How people get so depressed over studies and neglect religion... He's the proposition and I'm the opposition..
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited November 2007
    You ALL made perfect sense to me.

Argon.Aid wrote: »
    It's sad to note (based on my own views) that many people nowadays are finding their own outside lives more interesting and important than that of their [inner] life. This reaches a point where they forsake their own religion. They forget their purpose in life.

The main thing I want to bring forward is that when they get caught up in their problems in life, they forget that what we have now is not permanent...

I'd sure like to see more Muslim expression on this board, and see more Buddhist connections. It seems to me that all the faiths have much to offer.
  • edited November 2007
    Argon.Aid wrote: »
    Its sad to note(based on my own views) that many people nowadays are finding their own outside lifes more interesting and important than that of their life.This reaches a point where they forsake their own religion.They forget thier purpose in life.
    The main thing I want to bring forward is that they get caught up in their problems in life,they forget that what we have now is not permanent.As a Muslim,we must not let our outside life bring down our faith in our religion.
    If this continues,somewhere in the future,we may find our teachings in Islam,either twisted,distorted or even forgotten(maybe not to that extent).Sometimes,I do feel sad for our constant ignorance on our purpose in life.
    I had been cured from that stage and my purpose here is to wake more people from their slumber.May your faith in your religion remain strong always.
    Ar.Aid

I think that most people throughout most of history have always found their outside lives more interesting than their "inner life." For many folks, their outside lives are their purpose in life. (Children, wife, family, job...)

Religions come and go though. I'm sure plenty of people thought it was the end of the world when the old Roman, imperial religions were vanishing amidst the rise of Christianity. How might it be any different than today?

Anyway, I do agree with your main idea. I know plenty of fellow teenagers who never give any thought to life outside of "reality" TV, their cell phones, or Myspace. I am troubled that I hardly know any teens that read books like myself and I am troubled that suburban teens find the glorification of thug culture more appealing than the responsibilities of school or work.

I'm sorry that I missed this thread a few years ago. It looked interesting. Never too late to join though...
  • edited November 2007
    Anyway, I do agree with your main idea. I know plenty of fellow teenagers who never give any thought to life outside of "reality" TV, their cell phones, or Myspace. I am troubled that I hardly know any teens that read books like myself and I am troubled that suburban teens find the glorification of thug culture more appealing than the responsibilities of school or work.

OK then, ignorance and purpose, I relate to that. You have my attention, so what then to prove the purpose?

The trouble we heard enough about already.

Please propose.

:bigclap:
  • edited November 2007
    Perplexity wrote: »
    OK then, ignorance and purpose, I relate to that. You have my attention, so what then to prove the purpose?

The trouble we heard enough about already.

Please propose.

:bigclap:

I don't know what you mean. I'm not offering any solution. I'm agreeing though with the OP that most people do not have any clear purpose or meaning in their life. Religion can fill this void or other things like hobbies, a wife, or children. I don't consider a cell phone or Myspace or video games to be hobbies.
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited November 2007
    Ignorance is making a big To-Do about nonessentials in a rude and insensitive way, such as the Christianists/Christofascists are doing in cooperation with Fox News about pushing for "MERRY CHRISTMAS" only greetings and no "HAPPY HOLIDAYS."

I've heard "Happy Holidays, Happy Holidays to you," all my life, and it's nothing new. Nobody's forcing anyone not to say "Merry Christmas."

I just don't get where they're coming from. But frankly, I fear their unreason more than I do the garden variety Muslim hotheads.

They're already saying "Merry Christmas" and playing Christmas tunes. Fine. It's not Thanksgiving yet and not yet Advent. And they're flaunting their religion on the phylacteries of their garments, although Jesus expressly eschewed that sort of thing.

Whatever happened to the Advent fast and Christian sobriety?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAckfn8yiAQ
    So many so-called "Christians" are circulating this raucous video on YouTube and heralding it as awesome. One of my sisters even forwarded it to me. Doesn't seem to convey any Christian virtues. Last time I checked vainglory and pride were not yet on the list. It's just stirring up emotions.

Whatever happened to St. Paul's admonition for Christians to show their moderation in all things? And to the idea of Peace and Goodwill to all peoples everywhere?

I sometimes suspect that THE PHILISTINES HAVE HIJACKED THE CHRISTIAN RELIGION. And that there are so many Christians that forbear that all with such magnanimity and inner truth that to get to know them better would be a boon beyond my imagination.
  • edited November 2007
    This is the trouble.
    I don't know what you mean. I'm not offering any solution.

As a teenager 40 years ago there was not such a shortage of solutions on offer from others of the same age. The "all you need is love" solution was a serious mistake but none the less I continue to prefer that attempt to the "whatever" dissociation we see today, so reluctant to grow up and get to grips in terms of responsibility.

Involved with politics during the 90s I was constantly aware of the terribly shortage of anybody under 50 with the urge to actually put the work in to fix what they know is wrong. It is not going to change otherwise. Solutions do not come gift wrapped for Xmas, free of charge.

--
  • edited November 2007
    This is the trouble.

As a teenager 40 years ago there was not such a shortage of solutions on offer from others of the same age. The "all you need is love" solution was a serious mistake but none the less I continue to prefer that attempt to the "whatever" dissociation we see today, so reluctant to grow up and get to grips in terms of responsibility.

Involved with politics during the 90s I was constantly aware of the terribly shortage of anybody under 50 with the urge to actually put the work in to fix what they know is wrong. It is not going to change otherwise. Solutions do not come gift wrapped for Xmas, free of charge.

--

What do you think the biggest thing wrong is in America that needs a solution?

Every middle aged generation thinks its successor is terribly irresponsible and dissociated from life. After all, I believe it was Socrates who coined the phrase "The world is going to hell in a handbasket."

You say the 90s lacked the urge for action. But were the 80s any different? The 70s? People will become involved again when they are personally affected. I guarantee that if they reinstated the draft, there would be a hell of a lot more young people politically active.
  • edited November 2007
    What do you think the biggest thing wrong is in America that needs a solution?

Usury.

While the USA pretends to be democratic, the USD rules.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • edited November 2007
    If you mean the income tax, yes, I too believe it should be abolished. Along with most other taxes. We should not punish people for being successful.

But isn't the Euro doing much better than the dollar? The USD kind of sucks right now.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited November 2007
    Usury.

While the USA pretends to be democratic, the USD rules.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Not for much longer, it appears, as the petro-Euro takes over from the failing petro-Dollar. The US dollar is no longer predominant and may be fatally wounded. What happens next may be far more worrying than we are being told. After all, if the dollar continues to collapse, China may decide that their vast investment in Treasury Bonds should be liquidated.

You ain't seen nothing yet!
  • edited November 2007
    Not for much longer, it appears, as the petro-Euro takes over from the failing petro-Dollar.

Exactly.

:thumbsup:

Shock and awe in the Middle East is all about the petro-Euro.

The problem is thus the artificiality of the creation of money.

The USA which has to earn its keep instead of conjuring dollars like rabbits from hats, that is a whole other ball game.

:poke: