Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Hotline to G.O.D.

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
edited November 2005 in Faith & Religion
For all those who'd like a chat with God, but are too impatient to wait until you meet in the flesh.....

http://www.titane.ca/concordia/dfar251/igod/main.html

This is extremely funny - and spooky.... I don't know HOW they do it.....! :crazy: :lol:

Comments

• SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited October 2005
    It got rather confused when I said my name was Jesus and that I was a black hermaphrodite!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited October 2005
    ............Well, it's enough to confuse anyone........!
  • Argon.AidArgon.Aid Veteran
    edited October 2005
    haha..nice chat bot..its all a bunch programming..ask Ajani...he is a pro in this subject..the best thing..it remembers my name even after talking to it for a long time..haha..have to admit..it tolerate insults better than human..
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited October 2005
    Nah... Not really... Just an avid interest... Well God is "all-loving" isn't it? So I take it as it will not mind even if you throw a damn long anti-God sermon at it... Admittedly though, the bot is fun to talk to, though nowhere as my own.. Haha... How thick-skinned I am...
  • edited October 2005
    That is too funny. ^_^
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited October 2005
    It got rather confused when I said my name was Jesus and that I was a black hermaphrodite!

Really....?

Care to go out for some drinks, Big Bo...Person?

-bf
  • SabineSabine Veteran
    edited October 2005
    :wow:
  • edited October 2005
    That program is awesome! I talked to it about cats :)
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited November 2005
    I asked it the traditional questions and it got mad at me. It kept evading everything I asked. Then I said something not very nice. It said I wasn't very polite. I am proud of that.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2005
    I just went in and kept asking 'him' questions to his questions, so that eventually 'he' just locked up.
    I call that sulking.
    Do you think God sulks?
    I do.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited November 2005
    I told him I didn't think he was God, and it admitted to being artificial intelligence. Is that different? :scratch:

Palzang
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited November 2005
    Fede my darling,
    I don't know if there is a God or not. I've done a lot of reading on the subject both pro and con. And I believe the jury is still out on this. But that's why I'm an agnostic. The questions I asked "If you're all loving, then how can you let children starve to death in Africa?". I confused the program on that one. Hehehehehehe
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited November 2005
    What if that is all that God is? One of the interesting things about the movie "The Matrix" is that it alluded to the fact that "the Architect" (synonym for God) had created "The Matrix" (or worlds) several times and destroyed it when it didn't work the way he wanted it to. If that is so, then it answers so many questions. But there I go thinking too much again.
    edited November 2005
    Who was it who said...
    "The problem with answering deep questions is that it brings new ones to the surface."

Oh, hang on..... that was me........!!:winkc: :lol:
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited November 2005
    Federica Darling,
    You may have said it in France, but I know I said it in the states. I drive my coworkers nuts. I've never taken a philosophy course just read on my own. Oh boy, these people can get so mad at me. My favorite question to ask all these good people (since they think I'm a rotten sinner and on the way to hell faster than anyone) is "Why do you believe in Jesus, and you can't say because the bible tells me so"? I've seen people's heads get ready to explode. Now that I'm getting ready to take the precepts, I didn't think that would be very cool not to refrain from hurtful speech. And asking untrained minds questions that require thought unkind, I don't do it anymore.
    But please remember, I don't doubt that you are a brilliant woman and have my head spinning in a matter of seconds. I've kind of decided I don't want to become with Buddhism like I was with Christianity. I used all that knowledge to puff up my ego and prove I was better than everyone else. As WolfCassisi might be able to prove "I was an egomaniac with an inferiority complex".

Loveyamissyameanit,
    edited November 2005
    I know what you mean Jerbear. There are those on this site who are able to hold forth in a fluent and articulate manner, on all aspects of Buddhsit literature, philosophy and teachings. And thank goodness for them - I coult them as my dearest Sangha-Friends! less here, but more elsewhere, I have come across threads where the discussion has decended into verbal fisticuffs and one-upmanship so that the origin of the thread is lost in the argument....
    I am but a Simple Soul.... and at risk of tedium, I stick to what I know. the Four Noble Truths, the Eightfold Path, the First Five Precepts, the Kalama Sutra. All I need I glean from them - and the countless blessed words I read within this sangha!