Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Understanding the Kayas

edited July 2010 in Philosophy
Would anyone care to talk about the kayas?

As I understand it... there are four. The Dharmakaya, Samboghakaya, Nirmanakaya, and Svabhavakaya.

I know I didn't spell them right.

So the process of awareness goes...

Dharmakaya

Space, unborn, there is no thought as yet. The Dharma.

Samboghakaya

The energy which brings about the formation of concepts begins to put a thought together.

Nirmanakaya

The thought structure is born. It's a complete thought.

Svabhavakaya

Complete conciousness of the thought from an aerial point of view. You can see the thought mandala you've created as well as the background.

That's the basics of how I understand the Kayas. I am not sure how you do. Would love to know more and hear other people's point of view.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    This is related to the third turning, and its very complicated.
  • edited July 2010
    milkmoth wrote: »
    Would anyone care to talk about the kayas?

As I understand it... there are four. The Dharmakaya, Samboghakaya, Nirmanakaya, and Svabhavakaya.

I know I didn't spell them right.

So the process of awareness goes...

Dharmakaya

Space, unborn, there is no thought as yet. The Dharma.

Samboghakaya

The energy which brings about the formation of concepts begins to put a thought together.

Nirmanakaya

The thought structure is born. It's a complete thought.

Svabhavakaya

Complete conciousness of the thought from an aerial point of view. You can see the thought mandala you've created as well as the background.

That's the basics of how I understand the Kayas. I am not sure how you do. Would love to know more and hear other people's point of view.
    Where did you get this interpretation?
  • ansannaansanna Veteran
    edited July 2010
    Dharmakaya - the principle aspect of Buddhahood / the essence aspect
    Samboghakaya - the spirtual manifestation of Buddhahood / the wisdom aspect
    Nirmanakaya - the physical manifestation of Buddhahood / the physical aspect

you can interchange the Buddhahood with mind for the view from consciousness-only school