Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

what do you suppose the main colors of the world would be?

edited August 2010 in General Banter
If there wasn't such an emphasis on decorating things with all the colors of the rainbow? I'm guessing there would be several tones of grey (the more or less natural color of everyday metals used)like steel gates and such. An orange color for all the rust that would occur if they were not at least clear coated. Grey for all the cement structures. Several tones of brown for new and old wood. And clear for glass and maybe plastic as I'm not sure plastics natural tone is clear.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    I feel I might have worded things a little off. I think the way I typed this gives a better perspective.

What do you suppose the overall color scheme within the world would be,if there wasn't such an emphasis on color as a form of distinguishing things beyond a functional value?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2010
    Who says the colours you see are the same as those I see?
  • MountainsMountains Veteran
    edited August 2010
    federica wrote: »
    Who says the colours you see are the same as those I see?

Ah, the unknowable question. But if you look at a flower and you say it's yellow, and I look at the flower and I agree that it's yellow, then it matters not how your brain or my brain perceives it, if we both agree that it's yellow (assuming neither of us is color blind, of course).

But... back to the topic at hand. Green. Or blue. But definitely green or blue. From space earth is blue with white streaks and some patches of greens and browns. I kind of like that color scheme :)

Mtns
  • edited August 2010
    Mountains wrote: »
    But... back to the topic at hand. Green. Or blue. But definitely green or blue. From space earth is blue with white streaks and some patches of greens and browns. I kind of like that color scheme :)

Mtns

The earth IS covered approximately 70% by water, after all...

BB
  • edited August 2010
    jet black, colors are a reflection of light correct? the world by itself without the sun, total darkness...ahh its late and im not sure if i understand what im even typing :D
  • MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited August 2010
    Cosmic Latte is a name assigned to the average color of the universe, given by a team of astronomers from Johns Hopkins University, in which they reported that their survey of the color of all light in the universe added up to a slightly beigeish white. The survey included more than 200,000 galaxies, and measured the spectral range of the light from a large volume of the universe. The hexadecimal RGB value for Cosmic Latte is #FFF8E7.