Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Please Sign This Petition

Comments

• cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    edited August 2010
    Geez a good idea if i ever heard of one matey :)
    Of course doubtless to say before we move past it i doubt the vested interest groups wouldnt go without a serious push...All the wealth in the middle east would dry up and result in regional instability, same in southern america's...that would be bad news untill a solution such as that can be delt with. :)
  • Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited August 2010
    I'm sure things will equal themselves out. Without the need of oil many wars would not need fighting and so the countries would have more money. They could do business in solar power or something :p Anyway, the countries that rely on oil survived before the oil business, so they can surely survive now. Even if not, it's some of one species, or some of one species aswell as many other species.

Kind regards,
    Nickidoodle Jellybean
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited August 2010
    Gee, wouldn't that be too bad if the oil-rich sheiks of the Middle East had to give up their private jets and mega-palaces! How would they be able to fund Al Qaida then?

Palzang
  • cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    edited August 2010
    Palzang wrote: »
    Gee, wouldn't that be too bad if the oil-rich sheiks of the Middle East had to give up their private jets and mega-palaces! How would they be able to fund Al Qaida then?

Palzang

Care and caution advised :)
    Fatawa ! :eek:
    edited August 2010
    Palzang wrote: »

Palzang

Thank God for palzanorangs :D
  • edited August 2010
    my only grumble with this is the fact that here, we have a culture that defines who you are by what you drive. that coupled with the fact that many hybrids are priced out of many people's markets. i can't say that i 'need' the mini-van i drive, but there are occasions where the extra room was needed. that and i can't afford to plate and insure three cars. but really, i do agree that we need an alternative, but i don't think pricing oil to force the issue is the answer.
    edited September 2010
    I respect and agree with your opinion. However if there was another leak I'm sure I'd rather be a bit short on money than millions of animals dieing, which would probably result in the starvation of Eskimos ect.