Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Not a "Current Event" but it is and event that is upcoming!

edited August 2010 in Buddhism Today
Haven't posted in some time but I wanted to mention this fantastic opportunity for those close to Massachusetts to learn from a great teacher. I know I am looking forward to it. :om:

His Holiness Chetsang Rinpoche, co-head of the Drikung Kagyu lineage, will be in Massachusetts during Labor Day weekend. He will be leading empowerments, teachings and giving a transmission on Phowa practice.

I’ve cut and pasted the info below from the Drikung Meditation Center (home of the US Jowo Rinpoche statue) website. I’ll be there for both session on Sunday and hope you’ll attend these important teachings from a truly wise and compassionate teacher.

Labor Day Weekend Schedule, September 3 – 5

Finding Peace and Happiness Within: a public talk
Time:7pm; Place: Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Room 10-250

Saturday, September 4
Five-fold Mahamudra Torma Empowerment
10am – Noon; Place: the Regent Theatre, Arlington, MA.

Teachings on Jigten Sumgon’s Vajra-songs
2pm – 5pm; Place: the Regent Theatre, Arlington, MA.

Sunday, September 5
Amitayus Empowerment
10am – Noon; Place: the Regent Theatre, Arlington, MA.

Great Drikung Phowa Transmission & Teachings
2pm – 5pm; Place: the Regent Theatre, Arlington, MA.

If you are interested and are seeking more info, go to http://drikungboston.org/eventChetsang.html

Comments

• mugzymugzy Veteran
    edited August 2010
    I know this is from a different lineage, but there's some upcoming stuff at the Kurukulla Center in Medford, MA. From the website - Ven Choden Rinpoche is scheduled to teach at KKC in August. It will be four sessions over four days. The schedule is:
    Thurs August 26, 7-9 pm Meaning of OM MANI PADME HUM

Fri August 27, 7-9 pm Mahamudra

Sat August 28, 2-4 pm Stupa consecration

Sun August 29, 2-4 pm Mahamudra
    Also, Lama Zopa Rinpoche will be at the center on September 8 to bless their newly built stupa and give a teaching.
  • edited August 2010
    hmm might try to make the Lama Zopa one, thanks for posting about it!