Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

smoking poll

2»

Comments

• VagabondVagabond Explorer
    edited August 2010
    I think I should seriously stop taking it, probably wiend myself off of it, goin down in miligrams. Thanks for the info:D
  • ChrysalidChrysalid Veteran
    edited August 2010
    Vagabond wrote: »
    I think I should seriously stop taking it, probably wiend myself off of it, goin down in miligrams. Thanks for the info:D
    If you've been prescribed this by your doctor, I'd definitely seek his or her advice before you start changing your dose.
  • edited August 2010
    Vagabond wrote: »
    You sure do know a lot. Another thing is, I take 54 MG of Concerta (for ADD) every day, which I know I can do without, but within about 30 minutes of taking the pill, I crave the nicotine really badly. However, if I don't take the pill, I can probably go six hours before having a smoke, and I'll have the smoke out of habit, not addiction. It's really weird.

Maybe Concerta also has some effect on acetylcholine? (Not that I'd have any idea, just a thought).
  • edited August 2010
    Oops, didn't realised there was a page 2 until I'd submitted that last post. Sorry. :lol:
  • edited August 2010
    I never smoked. I was "fortunate" to be asthmatic and had trouble even being around people smoking, nevermind actually trying to inhale the stuff myself. Always felt like it was choking me to even be near cigarette smoke. Because of that, I hated the stuff.
  • edited September 2010
    I've smoked cigarettes before, but I don't now, nor intend to ever again.
  • edited September 2010
    i havent smoked in almost 8 years. i started smoking ciggerettes at 13!