Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Subtle Winds

edited August 2010 in Philosophy
Sorry to start yet another thread.

The other day i posted about the Migsema Mantra of TsongKhapa in Guru Yoga. I was wondering about the kind of mantra the Migsema is.
I was reading the reccommended book when i had the most beautiful teaching that Mantra's are in letter form as words or deities they are speach when spoken as seed and sylables. But before they are speech they are formed in the channels of subtle winds. This is awesome news. I don't have an empowerment yet so i won't go into depth with this all. Plus i have trouble in the first place.
I just think its amazing that the forms of a mandala are actual sounds, (this i always knew in a way) but the sounds are actually subtle wind and this is revolutionary.
I do have a question. If this is true which im sure it is. Are regular forms also composed of conceptual sounds and therfore winds or are they not considered formed from subtle winds.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    you can close this thread ; there isn't any response in 5 days. Thanks fedrica
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2010
    Yep. You've had 47 hits, and frankly, nobody knows what the heck you're on about. Is there really any point in knowing?
    I'd just leave the questioning, or maybe write to the author and ask him/her.
    But nobody's going to answer here, because frankly, I think this is getting into the realms of the imaginatively esoteric.
This discussion has been closed.