Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

edited October 2005 in NewBuddhist.com
What happened to everyones avatars? I can't see any on here - is it my computer or something with the site?

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited October 2005
    It's on-site.... there are still a few "teething problems" to iron out with the new system powering the site.... be patient folks.... !! ;)

I love the quotation:
    "The Impossible ain't a problem... Miracles jus' take me a leeeeedle longer....!!" :)

Or the one I heard at work one day:
    "Hey! God took six days to make this feckin' world - and you want me to do this by tonite - ??!?"

Actually, I have a new avatar to put up as a change..... so I'm lookin' forward to everything being right too!
    hang in there everyone - Brian & -Animal- R doin' their best!! :bigclap:
  • edited October 2005
    Good to know it's not just me.
  • edited October 2005
    prime, the advatars might have to be your area because i don't think they are style related....

Just out of interest has anyone noticed that java drop downs don't work sometimes? I was hoping it wasn't just me....
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited October 2005
    -animal- wrote:
    prime, the advatars might have to be your area because i don't think they are style related....

Just out of interest has anyone noticed that java drop downs don't work sometimes? I was hoping it wasn't just me....

being a technical fudgewit, (ask Brian, he'll back me up....) I haven't noticed anything of the kind, but then again, i'm not sure I know what you're referring to....! *LOL*!!

However, in some threads, my 'Thread Tools' functions, in others it doesn't. Similarly, accessing a member's profile by clicking on their name at the side of their post; again, it works in some threads and not in others....:wtf: :confused::lol:
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited October 2005
    I thought that Brian and Animal were doing it deliberately, to remind us of the Truth of Unsatisfactoriness!
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited October 2005
    I don't see any java problems.

What I've seen that still needs to be addressed:

1) The header still needs to be made back to the 'old way' -- the beautiful logo and the navbar at the top. the site was beautiful before the upgrade :D

2) Quick reply doesn't work

3) avatars are broken for regular users, but for me they work. Weird. Gotta be a permissions problem

4) Some of the buttons are plaintext - for example, in the message editor that i'm looking at right now - "decrease size, increase size, switch editor mode" are plaintext and look wrong.

Let's just come up with a list of things to address so we can check them off :)
    edited October 2005
    My quick reply is present and working....I've just posted this message this way!
    However, the other problems are simply as I've stated above. my Thread tools, search and rate don't function, and neither does the member accessing function... anyone else?
  • edited October 2005
    well if you check out buddhism 3.5 then you will see those changes... I thought that style should be the default one now.....

update:

Java has now been fixed, you can now use all the thread tools etc... I have yet to change the grey background colour that exists on some bars (next 5 minutes) other than that and the possible plasement of the bar at the top i can't think of anything else needs that needs to be fixed
    edited October 2005
    All problems I highlighted (for my part) now seem to be resolved - thanks -animal- !!:thumbsup:

All that remains is the Avatars..... ;)
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited October 2005
    edited October 2005
    yaaaaay!!
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited October 2005
    Love the new av, Fede!
  • edited October 2005
    Me too - love the new one Fede! I think I want to change mine as well!