Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

My meditation area

edited October 2010 in Sanghas
The room adjacent to the trash room on my ship :)
Space issues.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    LOL, it's a workable thing. Do they ever let you go on deck? Not saying that would be a better place since your eyes are likely closed anyway, just curious. (I am assuming you are in a naval unit?)
  • fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited August 2010
    I meditate next to the kitty litter. I clean it daily, after I meditate.
  • edited August 2010
    The room adjacent to the trash room on my ship :)
    Space issues.

Hard to beat the uniqueness of that setup! Mine is much more mundane - on the floor by my bed. Today went out and sat for 30 minutes on a big grassy field in a nearby park, weather was good.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited August 2010
    I was wandering round the house just now (insomnia - it's 3.30 a.m) and realised that, over the 20-odd years I have lived here, my 'meditation space' has spread to every room that I use, out into the garden and along the routes I take for my daily walks.
  • edited August 2010
    @username: The deck is usually busy but it is pleasant to meditate looking at open sea. Yes, I am in a naval unit.

@simon: Has your practice affected your insomnia at all?
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited August 2010

@simon: Has your practice affected your insomnia at all?

Au contraire, after a time of having been irritated as the sleepless periods lengthened, I now use them for study and meditation so it is insomnia which has affected my practice.

In Transactional Analysis terms, I have found a positive way to structure time even though I do get annoyed sometimes too.

Are you on active service or have I missed your intro post (there are now too many threads for me to read them all these days: hats off to the mods)?
  • mugzymugzy Veteran
    edited August 2010
    My meditation area is everywhere and nowhere :)
  • edited August 2010
    mugzy wrote: »
    My meditation area is everywhere and nowhere :)

Mugzy Roshi has spoken :)
  • edited August 2010
    Simon: I don't think I ever posted an intro post, but I made this account a while ago. Its good to hear what you've done with your insomnia.
  • edited October 2010
    Usually, when my roommates are out and I have some solitude, I take my lotus lantern and put it on the floor, then put my small Buddha statues in front of it. I'll use that as a small shrine of sorts while I sit by it and meditate.