Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Truths and the Myths about "God" in Buddhism!

edited August 2010 in Arts & Writings
There are several myths about the God among the Buddhists... Some say that the Gods doesn't exist.. some say that the Gods are the rich and lucky people in our society! Well.. I wrote a small article on this and posted it on here : http://forum.sumagaasapuwa.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6 I didn't want to copy paste it here because of the SEO copy problems.. so read it and tell me what you think :D

Comments

• edited August 2010
    there both is and isn't.

If you mean God in what is today accepted as what Jesus meant 2000+ years ago, then no, there isn't. If you mean God as what Jesus said 2000+ years ago, then yes, there is.

A good way to explain this is that if you, today, even though we have global air travel, go to a different country, say India, or Korea, what you've been taught is "normal" in your life no longer is "normal". now extrapolate that 2000+ years to a desert society. everything you know suddenly makes less sense. people now apply their common day understanding of Jesus' (and Moses' and Mohammad, and the other guy that they are all based off of who's name I can't remember at this time) teachings to what Jesus actually taught. and it doesn't work like that. even 100 years ago, what applied then doesn't necessarily apply now.

But the point of what Jesus taught is just like the point of what Buddha taught. if you look in the New Testament, Jesus only says one time how to pray. It is eerily similar to what, in Zen, is known as Zazen. Jesus even gave koans to his followers. (to one man: This son of man has no place to put his head. to another: follow me!).

So you can call the original nature of "mind" "God" if you want. it is referring to the same thing. just completely different cultures in completely different era's of human life.