Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Getting Unstuck, Pema Chodron

shanyinshanyin Novice YoginSault Ontario Veteran
edited August 2010 in Arts & Writings
I feel stuck. By something that happened in my life that I think because of I carry baggage in my mind and negative energy and perhaps learned to be a crappier person.

Has anyone read it? What do you think about it?

I'm thinking of buying it.

Comments

• AllbuddhaBoundAllbuddhaBound Veteran
    edited August 2010
    I bought it. I think Pema Chodron is a wonderful teacher and she gives a lot of insight with these lectures.

She teach's ways you work through the pain without avoidance, denial or repression. If you practice her approach, you will become much more accepting and kind towards yourself.
  • IronRabbitIronRabbit Veteran
    edited August 2010
    Available on cd too, you will listen to this again and again....Pema's humility, humor, compassion and wisdom come through in every word....her voice and laughter are delightful...
  • shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    edited August 2010
    Sounds like something I'm looking for. Thanks!
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited August 2010
    you can get it free here..http://www.clearlightvideos.net/
  • shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    edited August 2010
    I searched the site a little bit, didn't find it in Pema Chodron videos or elsewhere. Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
  • AllbuddhaBoundAllbuddhaBound Veteran
    edited August 2010
    shanyin wrote: »
    I searched the site a little bit, didn't find it in Pema Chodron videos or elsewhere. Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

The video on Shen Pa would relate but it isn't the full lecture. There is a lot more to it.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited August 2010
    Looks like the site owner removed the audio section... There used to be an audio section with Pema Chodron. Still theres some good stuff.

Edit:looks like he got in a little trouble if you read the home page.. If downloading the torrent makes you feel guilty you can look to donate to Pema's abbey a small donation.

Try Buddha torrents... the previous site I linked has a guide for using torrents http://buddhisttorrents.blogspot.com/#uds-search-results