Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Four Noble Truths.

edited September 2010 in Philosophy
What are Substantial and Contributary Causes? I am trying to learn about the Four Noble Truths and the subtleties of terms in relation to them. Geshe Tashi Tsering has a great course on the Foundations of Buddhism but i can't afford it. Wonder if anyone on the forum has anything to say about the topic

Please keep the topics related to Four Noble Truths.

Comments

• specialkaymespecialkayme Veteran
    edited September 2010
    Are you talking about Geshe Tsering's books, or the course?
  • edited September 2010
    books, i can't afford the course
  • specialkaymespecialkayme Veteran
    edited September 2010
    I'm sorry, I think I'm confused. You can't afford the course, but you can afford the book? Are you reading the book but still have questions, or have you not read the book and want someone who has to explain it?

I would just hate to type out what Volume 1 says only to find out that you heard it, and need a deeper explanation.
  • edited September 2010
    Sorry , Yes i have read 5 of the books by Geshe Tashi more than once. I have difficulty though with some of the points, I know that its studied intensively in the courses but its like 40 - 50 USD per mo. I can't afford that amount. I know also that he has mp3's but of course you have to be a member for that. I also like to read the Lamrim Chenmo. but i can't afford his course on that either.