Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

buddhist quiz number 2 (is buddhism right for you?)

ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
edited September 2010 in General Banter
http://quizilla.teennick.com/quizzes/4923614/buddhism-is-it-right-for-you

Your Result

Buddhism may or may not be right for you, depending on how much of your present life you are willing to sacrifice.
If you currently consider yourself a Buddhist, you may want to touch up on the Eightfold Path and adjust your living habits a bit.
If you aren't currently a Buddhist, you show a desire to lead a more humble life should you find that the idea of setting aside your worldly possessions and even your own ego isn't too frightening. If it isn't, look up a bit of information on Buddhism... there's a reason behind it all, even the questions asked here, with the purpose being a more fulfilling life living in the here and now!

Comments

• ShutokuShutoku Veteran
    edited September 2010
    Your Result
    You are a genuine Buddhist! You are traveling on the road to enlightenment in the here and now!
    Or if you aren't a Buddhist, you seem to maintain a very Buddhist perspective on the world. Perhaps you should look up a bit of information on Buddhism... who knows, you might like it!

Much better than the other one where my lack of knowledge and info about Tibetan Buddhism did me in and I only got 50% :mad: :lol:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Your Result
    You are a genuine Buddhist! You are traveling on the road to enlightenment in the here and now!
    Or if you aren't a Buddhist, you seem to maintain a very Buddhist perspective on the world. Perhaps you should look up a bit of information on Buddhism... who knows, you might like it!

looks like we can be travel buddies.... wanna ginger biscuit, Shutoku?
  • ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited September 2010
    lol, I think this second quiz is quite accurate. Makes sense if you answer the questions honestly ...
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2010
    I beg your pardon...? Are you implying I have been dishonest in my responses....?
    Well, really!! *sniffs indignantly*! :p

Mind you, if you will post such trivia, you're always going to get puerile answers!

I really don't think we should hang to much on these results!
    I would say you are every bit as Buddhist as I am. And I am every bit as much a Buddhist as you are. ;):)
  • ShutokuShutoku Veteran
    edited September 2010
    mmmmmm ginger biscuit!!:cool: (where is that Homer Buddha image when you need it!)
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    edited September 2010
    i found this quiz interesting:
    http://helloquizzy.okcupid.com/tests/what-kind-of-buddhist-are-you-quiz

my result:
    "The Bodhisattva
    You are a devout Mahayanian
    Based on your answers its clear you are of the Mahayana school, “The Greater Vehicle.” Through deep meditation you can realize the truly empty and baseless nature of self. You begin to see that all things are interconnected and interdependent on each other; since nothing exists alone, everything is void of existence. This concept of emptiness called “shunyata” is one of the major pillars in Mahayana philosophy. This school emphasizes the path of liberation is not only for oneself but for the mutual enlightenment of all beings. For this reason, Mahayanists see the Bodhisattva archetype as the most idyllic aspiration. Through following the 6 Paramitas (generosity, morality, patience, energy, meditation, and wisdom) one can become a Boddhisattva, leading all sentient beings to full realization of Buddha-nature.The tendency of this school of Buddhism is to absolve oneself in emptiness and the experience of compassionate action. It is important to realize that we must acknowledge all parts of ourselves to gain full understanding of the nature of existence. Passion, Fear, Aggression, Hate, Pride, Greed are all powerful and disturbing human emotions but they have the ability to show us profound insights into our nature (or lack there of)."
    edited September 2010
    Shutoku wrote: »
    mmmmmm ginger biscuit!!:cool: (where is that Homer Buddha image when you need it!)

I think Glow's got it...... :D
  • Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited September 2010
    Your Result

Buddhism may not be the right path for you.
    Buddhism requires a detachment from this world and your own ego to confer its greatest rewards and the straight fact of the matter is some people just don't want to part with those things they hold dear. But that's okay! Buddhism clearly isn't for everyone, but for those looking for a more humble way of living, it's a very good start!
  • edited September 2010
    You should get extra Zen points for not clicking Submit at the end.
  • NomaDBuddhaNomaDBuddha Scalpel wielder :) Bucharest Veteran
    edited September 2010
    Well, for me it's 50-50. It seems that *put sunglasses on* I'm on the middle path. YEAAAAAAAAH !!!
  • sandysandy Explorer
    edited September 2010
    :lol:

I got the same answer. Maybe I am, maybe I am not.

I got "You are a avid Vajrayanist" from zombiegirl's quiz.
    Based on your answers it is clear you fit most in-line with the Vajrayana school. The term "vajra" originally denoted a thunderbolt or "diamond" that is considered an indestructible substance and which could therefore pierce and penetrate any obstacle or obfuscation. This concept encapsulates Vajrayanas approach at pointing directly to the truth with an unwavering absolution. One of the most unprecedented aspects are Vajrayana are the mysterious Tantras. These are practices and texts that aim at cutting straight through delusion by utilizing highly unconventional means. In general, these practices harness the raw power of human experience through powerful imagery, chants, and rituals. Teachers or “Guru’s” in these traditions are known for using unpredictable and sometimes shocking methods for awakening their students to the truth. By employing “crazy wisdom” and “skillful means” these gurus are by far the most eccentric followers of the Buddhist path. Although engaging in the emotions, delusions and “poisons” of the world can be a very powerful tool of experience, it is truly walking the razors edge. These practices can quickly turn into fuel for the ego and can be very dangerous for Buddhist practitioners. For this reason the Tantric teachings are highly guarded and only given to initiated students. Be weary, although the Vajrayana path is considered the “direct path” to enlightenment, it is the easiest to fall astray.
  • ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited September 2010
    I took zombie girls quiz and then at the end it got a little annoying as it kept asking me to sign up and add information lol, so I didn't bother. Cheeky quiz :p
  • Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited September 2010
    It took longer than 30 seconds so I quit :p