Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Sarah Palin: Vanity Fair Article

Floating_AbuFloating_Abu Veteran
edited September 2010 in Buddhism Today

Comments

• fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited September 2010
    It's hard to imagine Palin ever going further in American politics, at this stage. There's just been too much to ridicule. It would be like a horse being appointed to the Senate...
  • edited September 2010
    fivebells wrote: »
    It's hard to imagine Palin ever going further in American politics, at this stage. There's just been too much to ridicule. It would be like a horse being appointed to the Senate...

That would seem true except that often people don't vote for a candidate, but against another one. If Obama's approval rating doesn't go up the republicans could probably run most anyone and win.
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    edited September 2010
    what i really think of sarah palin is that she is just a celebrity. she's pretty and has some catchy phrases and she gets people all riled up by misleading them, and it has turned her into a virtual superstar. i mean, i try not to judge a book by it's cover and to give everyone a chance as to not stay too rooted in my own views... but i can't even listen to this woman.
    interesting though, i didn't know sarah palin was associated with the tea party.

that reminds me of a time a few years ago when i was waiting tables in Michigan's capitol. one day, there was a big tea party protest supposed to take place and i was waiting on this woman. as she got drunker, she became bossier and bossier when it came to politics (i really tried not to discuss it as everyone knows that is one of two forbidden topics). she was pretty good at debating and i had never heard of the tea party before her. i was almost won over.... until i got the tip, hahaha. this woman had talked my ear off, she made me miss my break because she wouldn't let me leave, i told her multiple times that i couldn't discuss politics (my boss didn't allow it) and she wouldn't give it up until i told her i would go to the protest... and i was really thinking about it, until she tipped me poorly. it should be mentioned that most waitresses in michigan only make around $2.50 an hour so tips are really our source of income. at that point, i realized everything she had been touting as supporting the individual and whatnot was really a bunch of crap. later, when i found out what the tea party was all about, i was happy i didn't go.
  • edited September 2010
    she is not a politician anymore, she is a celebrity. and a bad one too.
  • Floating_AbuFloating_Abu Veteran
    edited September 2010
    Sarah Palin's Iowa speech backs Tea Party over Republican elites

On the Move
  • StaticToyboxStaticToybox Veteran
    edited September 2010
    fivebells wrote: »

To be honest I doubt that she's ever going to run for another office. At best she might make a nominal run at the Presidency for a few months (after which dropping out to "spend more time with her family"), if only to keep her name at the forefront of media attention. She's done realized the great wealth to be made in being a political shill and attention whore. She's not going to give that up to actually go back into public office.
  • edited September 2010
    Takeahnase wrote: »
    To be honest I doubt that she's ever going to run for another office. At best she might make a nominal run at the Presidency for a few months (after which dropping out to "spend more time with her family"), if only to keep her name at the forefront of media attention. She's done realized the great wealth to be made in being a political shill and attention whore. She's not going to give that up to actually go back into public office.

no one gives up such a thing... no work and lots of money.
  • LesCLesC Bermuda Veteran
    edited September 2010
    She is a farce.
  • Floating_AbuFloating_Abu Veteran
    edited September 2010
    I read a comment on The Guardian (.co.uk) the other day which said as/if Obama flounders and "White" (it said, I am quoting!) Americans get more scared/unemployed etc. then Palin & co can gain .. Scary but true maybe.
  • LesCLesC Bermuda Veteran
    edited September 2010
    It's all about perception.... and we all know about that!