Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Blogs

hey everyone , I started a new blog called active bodhichitta. its based upon patrul rinpoche's instruction to practice the teachings.

I wanted to see what would happen if i actually followed the sage's great advice. So i commited myself to a year of practice on the Bodhicharyavatara and its commentary Nectar of Manjushri's Speech

Also i have made a new Guest Blog. Where my friends and those who are practicing similarly can write a essay and i'll publish it under guest blogs with your name and a link that you would like backlinked.

Mine is http://activebodhichitta.blogspot.com If you'd like tell me about yours and i'll add the link to the blogs section of my blog.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Great idea. If you can commit to writing twice a week I can commit to reading it.
    Perhaps reading your blog can help me on my path, as I just recently came to the same conclusion as did you in regards to 9-11.

I still have many books to read on Buddhism (Zen is my focus) but I will add the one you are reading to my list.

I look forward to following your progress as you are starting on this path near the beginning of me starting on my path of Buddhism.
  • edited September 2010
    awsome zenmonkey , thanks for the support. I know the blog is plain but i think simplicity is important. no ads no flash , just content and that of bodhichitta. Its what its all about.
  • cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    edited September 2010
    I would comment Friend but I seem unable to do...:(
  • edited September 2010
    What do you mean Caz? Is a blog not helpful for keeping oneself accountable and others some encouragement? Im not sure why you can't comment. Do you blog or are you against them? I heard somewhere that blogs are thought to be a

"internet ego satisfaction and aggrandizement".

Do you have any thoughts abuot this?
  • edited September 2010
    I was looking for a guest writer from this blog. Maybe someone who is interested in the Bodhicharyavatara?
  • edited September 2010
    I wanted to respond also but it does not allow guest responses. I will eventually remember my own blog log in data and respond at your blog site by logging into Blogger.
    :)
  • edited September 2010
    I like it I hope for the best and success with this blog for I believe it will get alot of viewers
  • edited September 2010
    ohh i finally got it Caz, you couldn't comment on the blog. I thought that you were disapproving of it... LOL

Anyone else like to blog, Let us know and we'll check it out ( or at least i will )
  • TreeLuvr87TreeLuvr87 Veteran
    edited September 2010
    I've got you on my RSS :-) Looks great so far!
  • edited September 2010
    thanks, i really don't know what else to do. I want everyone to start living this way like Patrul Rinpoche. except im Just a layman and not a buddhist saint LOL.
  • cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    edited September 2010
    ohh i finally got it Caz, you couldn't comment on the blog. I thought that you were disapproving of it... LOL

Anyone else like to blog, Let us know and we'll check it out ( or at least i will )

No of course I wouldnt Dissaprove Implementing the Bodhisattvas way of life for others to see is a wonderful thing to do :)
    I just seem to be experiencing Techincal errors with the comments section. :lol:
  • edited September 2010
    yeah i changed the blog settings to allow anonymous comments.
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran
    edited September 2010
    I will visit and contribute too :)

In metta,
    Raven
  • edited September 2010
    Something is still wacky on the blog. I posted a comment yesterday or the day before and it seemed to show up but it is not there anymore.

I tried again today and it does not give an anonymous posting option. I tried from both IE & Firefox to no avail.

As promised I will read them but Blogger is making it hard for me to comment :)

I had issues with Blogger when I us3ed to blog about stuff so maybe it is just me

I like what I see so far.
  • edited September 2010
    The commentaries used on the blog are Nectar of Manjushri's Speech ( Drops of Nectar) and Meaningful to Behold. So far the blogs are good, but it needs support and new viewers before it dies. Its part of all our responsibility to generate bodhichitta by the perfections. this is a simple way to "Give" support not money or time just refer your buddhist friends and lets help the gold of bodhichitta become part of all our lives.

In loving service.
  • edited September 2010
    Great start! I've been blogging for about a year and a half now. You can find me at http://www.theemotionmachine.com , we can exchange comment-for-comment.
  • edited October 2010
    Ok i've been working hard on this blog and kept my commitments. I do need some guest writers and support though. Im happy some have really contributed and visited. Its now easy to go to the page there is a facebook link and subscribe from multiple feeds. Im willing to visit other sites and even promote on facebook. come check out the blog on bodhichitta. Its real interesting because its based on commentaries and root text of Shantideva's Bodhicharyavatara ( way of the bodhisattva). So here is the site http://activebodhichitta.blogspot.com

Peace and Love to all
  • edited October 2010
    I have kept my commitment to always read them ;) but I don't always comment.

If I could write with authority on the subject I would gladly contribute, but I am very new to all of this and don't even understand a lot of the new words I see. I would not want to lead astray anyone reading what I had written if it was not 100% accurate.

I realize the more I learn the less I know and understand. Buddhism can get very deep, at least to me.
  • edited October 2010
    Well I wrote a very long post and for some strange reason (cookies maybe) I was logged out. I have read your blog and become a follower.

I enjoyed reading it, thank you.

I am not sure what kind of interaction you would like. Would it be debate or just affirming comments? I did think about making a comment, but as yet do not know enough to make an intelligent one.

I am interested in the concept of all things/beings being the mother or nurturer and would like to know more about it. I did see something differently than yourself.

As a therapist of many years, my own understanding is not that one should not marry one's mother (or the representative of the mother) but it would be unwise to marry the "bad" mother. It is thought that by doing this one is recreating the past in an attempt to correct it. Occasionally this may be possible, but generally it isn't and one just repeats over and over, the past. Therefore, to marry the "good" (representative) mother is perhaps a more present and healthy thing.