Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A Great Energy

edited September 2010 in Arts & Writings
I feel a great energy rising up within me. It is a beautiful and joyous energy, though not without caution, and a remembrance of a humbling past. It feels a culmination of all that I have been striving for throughout my trials.

But I step back.

I want not to overstate nor misstate nor mistake this awareness for what it is not.

I sleep on it...

...no...

...dare I say “love?” For myself. For life. For you?

“Hope?” Hope, and confidence, that we have what it takes to face the coming storm. Perhaps “faith” is the better word.

What coming storm? Shit if I know. But one thing seems more certain with each passing day. There is a terrible evil in the world. Building. Growing. An Anti-love. And I don’t expect it to just quietly fade away.

Just now a great fear comes over me...though the beauty remains. I give up on sleep. 4:30 AM and I’ve been shining my cell phone light on a nearby envelope every five minutes to jot something down. As I exit the room I am startled by what turns out to be just the iron and its board. I turn on some lights and here I am.

But, enough about me. How are you? Surely, you can’t respond to that. But wherever you are, reader, and wherever I am we exchange a silence together in this infinite moment. We cannot even hope to escape it, so let us just embrace it.

I just noticed the date on my early morning computer screen. September 11, 2010. An early morning blanket drapes over cold shoulder. A guitar tucks under quite nicely. A few songs are plucked out. And sleep gets another chance.

As I wake from my slumber, made golden by the risen sun, I am filled with a great optimism. Fear not! Don’t let all of these cryptic apocalyptic ramblings fool you.

What is the source of such optimism, you may ask? Why it is you! Because you are the tie-breaker, and my faith in you is unsurpassed.

While it is true that these writings appear prophetic, again, do not be fooled! For it is not me, but love, that is the true prophet! An open heart and an open mind make all things clear.

For now, I have a wedding to attend. Love will conquer all. And today is a good day.

Comments