Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I met this nice girl.

seeker242seeker242 ZenFlorida, USA Veteran
edited September 2010 in General Banter
Being that I'm single, I met this nice woman. She's pretty, she's into yoga and meditation and she is smart, an attorney. The good kind of attorney though, public interest, civil rights, environmental protection, etc. However, get this, her name is..."Mara"... Seriously, LOL. Should I run away?!?! I don't know, what do you guys think? :lol:

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I think Mara is a really pretty name. Besides the Mara in Buddhism was a dude. Actually, I think Mara is genderless, but every mention I see seems to specify Mara as a male or doesn't specify. Don't think I have ever seen Mara assigned the feminine gender.

So, I think you are safe unless you meet a dude named Mara, then run. ;)
  • edited September 2010
    eh names just a name that doesnt judge her personality. just ask for a birth certificate to confirm gender lol
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited September 2010
    seeker242 wrote: »
    Being that I'm single, I met this nice woman. She's pretty, she's into yoga and meditation and she is smart, an attorney. The good kind of attorney though, public interest, civil rights, environmental protection, etc. However, get this, her name is..."Mara"... Seriously, LOL. Should I run away?!?! I don't know, what do you guys think? :lol:

Hm, if I were you, I think that would make me like her even more. :D
  • edited September 2010
    yeah you gotta go through her purse and look for suspicious items, something the Lord of Desire would carry with "him"
    THE LORD OF DESIRE ....... HAHAHAHAHAHA YEAH MAKE SURE SHE'S NOT A DUDE mAN with greasy cheesy lips lol
    that is pretty funny though ha ha that is great thing fora buddhist to happen to. i'd be careful definitely, though. ah ha ha ha
  • MountainsMountains Veteran
    edited September 2010
    She doesn't happen to have a sister named Dukkha does she? If so, I might be wary. But if not, I'd go for it!

BTW, does she have a sister at all? Who's single? :)
  • edited September 2010
    Hey, you're dating Luke Skywalker's wife.:lol:

Seriously though, in the words of Shakespeare.

"A rose by any other name would still smell as sweet." Just don't let her become a cause for suffering. Otherwise, enjoy.
  • cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    edited September 2010
    This sounds bad ! :)
  • mugzymugzy Veteran
    edited September 2010
    I think you're safe ;) A rose by any other name, right?

Try not to get caught up in concepts. I think that even the Buddha would invite Mara in for tea!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Ta-Mara-Boom-de-ay!

Ta-Mara, ta-Mara I'll love ya ta-Mara, you're only a day away....

Love and Marage, love and Marage, go together like a horse and carrage....

It's fine.
    The songs agree....:D
  • andyrobynandyrobyn Veteran
    edited September 2010
    How about " Mara and Me ", great little ditty from Say Anything with some very piognant lyrics http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GortzBenLw ( best give it a miss if you easily offended, or don't wish to understand a sick sense of humour ! )