Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Off on my hols

edited October 2005 in General Banter
Well then folks, in 20 minutes I'm off on the motorway to Heathrow ready to get an early morning flight to New York....Hurrah! :bigclap:

Hope all's well and I won't forget to send a Reiki blast out for anyone that wants to tune into it on Sunday.

Have a good week, I expect to find many a lively debate going on when I get back !!!

Toodle pip :wavey:

Comments

• SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited October 2005
    TTFN, our bab!
  • edited October 2005
    Bye Si!
    Must dash now as Mrs Frizzer is getting frantic so I'd better log off before she does me a mischief !!!
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited October 2005
    Have fun! :)

If new york wasn't 8 hours away, I'd find a way to visit with you! ;)
  • edited October 2005
    Have fun Frizzer! Be safe!

Simon..do you and Frizzer have your own language going?? :)
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited October 2005
    TTFN: Ta ta for now (Brit slang)

our bab: Gloucestershire (my locality) familiar greeting to friend.
  • edited October 2005
    good to know! Me and my hubby plan on taking a trip to Europe with our daughter, so I will get my language lessons from the two of you before we leave. :)
  • edited October 2005
    I'm back!!!!
    I need another holiday now just to recover! I'm absolutely exhausted as we went sightseeing all over the place and spent far too much time shopping (so much for trying to escape from craving!). We even managed to squeeze in a Hockey match at Madison Square Gardens - NY Rangers v Florida Panthers (Go Rangers!)
    I must say I continue to be impressed with how hospitable you guys in the States are. We were immediately made to feel welcome by everyone we met and the service we received from people in shops and restuarants was truely exceptional. I'm sorry to say that if you were to visit London you would not get the same treatment.

One of the most moving things we saw was obviously Ground Zero. We turned up and all you could see was the huge area where the twin towers once stood. It was hard to imagine what it was like before as this was our first trip to NY. I stood there looking at what resembled a huge building site but it was hard to humanise the tragedy of it until we went down some steps towards the subway. All along the walls prints of pictures drawn by children to say goodbye to their parent that died on 9/11 have been put up. That was when the whole thing really hit home for me and I was almost crying when we left the site. I can honestly say that it is something that will stay with me for the rest of my life.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited October 2005
    Welcome back Frizzer! Now you'll have so much reading to catch up! Nice to see you, glad you enjoyed your hols!! :)
  • edited October 2005
    Welcome back! I am glad you had a nice trip. Seeing those pictures drawn by the children who lost a parent would have had me sobbing!