Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Advice on what to do with myself.

edited October 2010 in General Banter
Hey guys i just registered (obviously :crazy: ). I was a member of esangha before whatever happened lol.

Anyways here is my story.

Im 18 living with my parents. Just graduated high school and have a full time 40 hours a week job. I plan to go to college eventually but i have a couple issues that i need to deal with first.

So all my friends are off at college and now im pretty much alone. Working, coming home, and then going to sleep. I need something else in my life. Ive been thinking about maybe picking up some books and learning something new or perhaps starting a project of some sorts.

What do you guys think that i should do? Any suggestions on books or perhaps something to work on? Ive recently bought the art of happiness. What do you guys think of that book?

Thanks

Comments

• ShiftPlusOneShiftPlusOne Veteran
    edited October 2010
    I'd say study what it is you'll be doing a college. Getting a head start on education can make your life a lot easier in the future. Especially work on the practical skills.
  • MountainsMountains Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Hmm... sounds like an *excellent* opportunity to read everything you ever wanted to know about Buddhism!

If I may offer an unsolicited piece of advice - the longer you wait, the harder it will be to get the motivation to go to college. On the other hand, if you don't really know what you want to do it's no major sin *not* to go to school.
  • edited October 2010
    Thanks for the advice guys. I have recently bought a couple buddhist audio books that i could listen to while im working lol. The reason i dont want to go to college this year is because I have some medical issues that need to be taken care of. If i was in college i would have to miss weeks of school. Right now all i have to do is miss weeks of a job i dont like lol