Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Ego Fight

edited November 2010 in Philosophy
I've been having the yukkiest meditation sessions lately.

It was nice sailing for awhile making friends with myself, cultivating space and silence.

But lately... I have this demon in my head. It's so awful. I know it's my ego coming back for the final battle. I don't like him at all... it's so scary.

I'm getting all these awful pains in my body. They come and go while I'm meditating almost like my ego is fighting me all the way.

I know what happened to Buddha... is this what I can expect too. The final clash of the Titans? :(

Comments

• edited October 2010
    The final clash? What were you saying about ego? :tonguec:
  • GuyCGuyC Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Just turn those arrows into lotus flowers, you'll be alright. :)
  • edited October 2010
    Thanks... I have one sob for an ego.

Then I look at people like my Mom who aren't into any of this at all and are just egoless, beautiful.

I feel so dumb sometimes... but then the crap starts flying.

I think the bastard is waiting for us... for all of us. That Mara clown. Ugh! I can't wait to dissolve that dummyhead!
  • seeker242seeker242 Zen Florida, USA Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Invite the demon to come and have tea! Then stick your head in his mouth and dare him to try and kill you.:)
  • edited October 2010
    Crisis averted.

Thanks. Your antique humor worked. ;)

I mean, you try to get into your meditation, slip past the tumbling blocks but sometimes they still get ya!

I'm going down to see my teacher next week. It's a good 50 miles but it's the closest place I could find. (West Palm Beach).

...think I'll be ok till then. (geez-a-weez) :o
  • Floating_AbuFloating_Abu Veteran
    edited October 2010
    milkmoth wrote: »
    Crisis averted.

I mean, you try to get into your meditation, slip past the tumbling blocks but sometimes they still get ya!

I'm going down to see my teacher next week. It's a good 50 miles but it's the closest place I could find. (West Palm Beach).

Good luck with the visit. _/\_
  • seeker242seeker242 Zen Florida, USA Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Crisis averted.

I live 1/2 hour south of West Palm beach :) What place are you going to?
  • edited October 2010
    Thanks Abu!

I go to to the Shamabala Meditation Center. It was started by the renown Chogyam Trungpa.

It was neat, cuz... I read all his books. I was a true fan. Then I ran into the Center which teaches his philosophy and his lineage.

Anyway... they are a wonderful group of people to share time with.
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    edited November 2010
    I've been having the yukkiest meditation sessions lately.

It was nice sailing for awhile making friends with myself, cultivating space and silence.

But lately... I have this demon in my head. It's so awful. I know it's my ego coming back for the final battle. I don't like him at all... it's so scary.

I'm getting all these awful pains in my body. They come and go while I'm meditating almost like my ego is fighting me all the way.

I know what happened to Buddha... is this what I can expect too. The final clash of the Titans? :(

I have the same problem!
    How are you getting by with this fight against your ego?
    How long do you meditate for?
    And how often?
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    edited November 2010
    seeker242 wrote: »
    Invite the demon to come and have tea! Then stick your head in his mouth and dare him to try and kill you.:)

Love it!:0