Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Harmony Amongst Buddhists

GuyCGuyC Veteran
edited October 2010 in Arts & Writings
I stumbled across this excellent article about harmony amongst Buddhist practitioners and trying different techniques with an open mind. I thought I'd share it here:

http://www.what-buddha-taught.net/Books7/Aggacitta_Bhikkhu_Coping_with_a_handful_of_Leaves.htm

Comments

• andyrobynandyrobyn Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Thanks GuyC ... some interesting reading there.
    A clear explanation of what is suitable for one may not be suitable for another - and extending this to food, posture, climate, lodging and Dhamma talk as well as meditation techniques and traditions of practice.
    Rather than trying to rid self of this subjectivity which individuals will inevitably experience we are encouraged to not engage in petty dogmatic differences, opinionated assertions and partisan loyalties.
    " To react emotionally or behave judgmentally towards our Dhamma siblings who have found their mecca in the "opposite camp" may well cause an obstruction to their spiritual progress and well being ".