Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

paint it black

edited October 2010 in General Banter
this might seem a bit random..

but as a person that has struggled with deep depression for a few years now, I've come up with random little ideas that I use to thwart the negative feelings/mindset. this is one of them.

I noticed an art piece on a wall today that was all black, with some kind of textured oil or clay maybe, pretty much just a dark and morose expression. It just made me think, why don't I do something like that? So i'm thinking about buying a canvas, and making it look as ugly and dark as my thoughts get sometimes. Maybe characterizing it would help me reflect on it better, since it's concrete and not just in my head.

Comments

• RichardHRichardH Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Where you paint your mind will follow. You can paint yourself into misery or joy. You can paint yourself into insanity. You can paint yourself clear and sane. Pick your subject and palette carefully because where you paint, you go.
  • pineblossompineblossom Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Richard H wrote: »
    Where you paint your mind will follow. You can paint yourself into misery or joy. You can paint yourself into insanity. You can paint yourself clear and sane. Pick your subject and palette carefully because where you paint, you go.

Ain't it so.
  • ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited October 2010
    One of my all time favorite rolling stone tracks :)