Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What are you cooking?

zider_redzider_red Explorer
edited October 2010 in General Banter
Mushroom curry, in a medium spiced (I hope :D) tomato and lemon based sauce, to be served with rice and salad.

Comments

• ZaylZayl Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Some brown rice seasoned to taste (with whatever I could find in my spice cupboard) with some beans for protein and texture.

Yummy :3
  • nanadhajananadhaja Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Nothing.Monks aren't allowed to cook.
  • MountainsMountains Veteran
    edited October 2010
    I just finished cleaning up the kitchen from an explosion (normal when I cook) that came from a wonderful shrimp curry. Need to spice it up a little next time though. Yum!
  • edited October 2010
    Ramen soup.
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Chocolate flecked banana cake. :o
  • ShiftPlusOneShiftPlusOne Veteran
    edited October 2010
    nanadhaja, really? Why not?

As for me, I am culinarily illiterate.
  • edited October 2010
    I can only cook a few things well, though am improving! Today it will be a sweet potato curry.
  • zider_redzider_red Explorer
    edited October 2010
    Lajila wrote: »
    I can only cook a few things well, though am improving! Today it will be a sweet potato curry.

curry seems quite a popular choice :D
    & today I will just be reheating the mushrooms curry, as yesterday I made too much. Though today I'll most probably have it with naan rather than rice, shop brought as I haven't got time to make any naan bread.
  • edited October 2010
    zider_red wrote: »
    curry seems quite a popular choice :D
    & today I will just be reheating the mushrooms curry, as yesterday I made too much. Though today I'll most probably have it with naan rather than rice, shop brought as I haven't got time to make any naan bread.

As long as it isn't too spicy, curry is a popular choice when I am cooking!

I try to have it with Peshawari naan, although today it looks like it will be rice alone.
    edited October 2010
    Of course, it has to be basmati rice! It's only been in the past six months or so that grocery stores in my area have started carrying pre-made naan. If somebody opened a curry shop I'd be all set, but Americans love their bland, tasteless "food", so that's not likely. I have to make it myself..
  • TreeLuvr87TreeLuvr87 Veteran
    edited October 2010
    I made the most fantastic chicken parmesan recipe last night, far better than any others I've made and being a cheese freak, I've tried many chicken parm recipes. Here you go for anyone who's interested:

1lb chicken breasts, no skin
    1/4 cup butter (half a stick), unsalted
    1/2 cup sour cream
    3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (the recipe only called for 1/2 cup but let's be real here...)
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 tsp garlic powder (or 3 cloves, crushed)

Preheat the oven to 375. Flatten the chicken breasts if desired. I desired.
    Melt the butter with garlic. Combine half of this delicious melted garlicy butter with the sour cream and mix well to form what looks like a lather.
    Mix the parmesan, salt and pepper.
    Lather each chicken breast in the sour cream mixture then roll in the parm mixture.
    Bake in ungreased glass dish for 25 minutes, then another 5 minutes under the broiler to brown the cheese.
    Enjoy! It's even kind of healthy compared to other chicken parm recipes.
  • ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited October 2010
    A bucket full of kamma!

.... I don't have a kitchen here in Thailand and it is cheaper to eat out. I miss cooking :(
    edited October 2010
    Does anyone know of a substitute for coconut milk in south Indian style curry? I love the coconut milk, but the amount of fat and calories is astounding.

Mtns
    edited October 2010
    Mountains wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a substitute for coconut milk in south Indian style curry? I love the coconut milk, but the amount of fat and calories is astounding.

Mtns
    I think I have seen reduced fat coconut milk.I can't say how reduced,reduced means though.
    edited October 2010
    nanadhaja, really? Why not?

As for me, I am culinarily illiterate.
    I'm not sure why not.Shame really.I used to like cooking.
    Used to make a mean Kraft maccoroni cheese.The secret is in how you open the packet:lol:
  • upekkaupekka Veteran
    edited October 2010
    nanadhaja wrote: »
    Nothing.Monks aren't allowed to cook.
    you are lucky
    because i cook and i eat
    therefore
    i find it is hard to practice what Buddha advice in Kitagara sutta:p
  • edited October 2010
    Ramen soup.
  • TreeLuvr87TreeLuvr87 Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Mountains wrote: »

Mtns

The fat in coconut milk is good fat though, and I've heard it's the healthiest for frying as olive oil's healthy fats burn away at a super high heat.
  • ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited October 2010
    monk spunk