Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Dalai Lama enters Noble prize arguement

Comments

• andyrobynandyrobyn Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Hi ... page couldn't be found at this link for me just now :confused:
  • zider_redzider_red Explorer
    edited October 2010
    andyrobyn wrote: »
    Hi ... page couldn't be found at this link for me just now :confused:

that should work now :D
  • BonsaiDougBonsaiDoug Simply, on the path. Veteran
    edited October 2010
    China said the decision to honour Mr Liu was an "obscenity".

The exiled Tibetan spiritual leader said the Chinese government did
    "not appreciate different opinions".

The Dalai Lama, who won the peace prize in 1989, said China's government "must change".
    HH is, at the very least, politically/socially engaged.

I fear things in Tibet will only worsen once HH passes on. The Chinese government
    is patiently biding their time 'till his passing. Then their foot will come down even harder
    on the neck of Tibet.
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited October 2010
    Seems like the rational position for him to take.
  • zider_redzider_red Explorer
    edited October 2010

I fear things in Tibet will only worsen once HH passes on. The Chinese government
    is patiently biding their time 'till his passing. Then their foot will come down even harder
    on the neck of Tibet.

what's the betting it'll be another Panchen Lama situation :(
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited October 2010

on the neck of Tibet.

HH the DL has stated that this is the true significance of Suffering and Impermanence.
    Suffering is due to Clinging and Grasping, and nothing ever stays the same, everything changes, everything has cyclical existence.

He has also stated that were it not for the Chinese, Tibetan Buddhism would never have flourished elsewhere to the degree of success it has known.

I think that perhaps, we should be seeking to dissuade China from implementing violent horrific and inhuman treatment of others.... I fear Tibet will never return to what it once was.
    Other measures and paths should be taken.....