Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

hi everybody

edited October 2010 in General Banter
New to the site. New York city school teacher trying to get a handle on my Karma and not add to the violence and resentment in my school. Any ideas? Thanks
peace and love steve

Comments

• MountainsMountains Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Welcome sdon. Hmmm... I don't know that I want to get a handle on my karma. It might turn around and bite me!

Not adding to the violence and resentment is a noble pursuit. My advice: meditate. Do you feel prone to adding to the violence and resentment now?
  • edited October 2010
    Hi, I'm also new. I didn't see a thread for new members to introduce themselves. So hello everyone :) I don't know if anyone remembers Buddhachat? I use to post there as DTC several years ago. I've sort of... no really have... gotten lazy with my practice in the past few years and have been experiencing the resulting karma. I wish to slowly get back on track. I've found in the past that even an online community can be extremely helpful. I credit a lot of progress made to the insights of other posters :) So thanks everyone, hope to chat with you!
  • edited October 2010
    Hello, Steve -

I have a friend who runs a temple there in NYC; he is located in the financial district. his website is here: http://nichiren-shu.org/Newyork/

I also know some of the folks who practice there - good folks.