Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Imagination :O

ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
edited October 2010 in General Banter
Why is it that when we are very young, or children for that matter have this deep vivid imagination that knows no boundaries and can run wild all day long? I know that some of us in adulthood have strong imaginations, but it will not compare to that of when we were a little tyke. For example, I vividly remember having a bath around the age of 6 and I use to imagine it being big cold lagoon where I would dive below the ice (bubbles) and search for treasure lol. It was longer a bath tub to me, it was my world!

Comments

• CloudCloud Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Conditioning. Real life experience and our parents teaching us to settle down and such dissuades us from child-like thinking as we develop further.
  • ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited October 2010
    I loved being a child :(
  • andyrobynandyrobyn Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Hi ThailandTom, Great to hear of your childhood having happy memories - not everyone can draw on such experience. My childhood also is a source of inspiration from uncomplicated imagination and it's expression - in many ways that can still be tapped into and expressed .... some of us seem to do that better than others. When I dance I can more than at any other time, thats why I like dancing so much, same with singing though my voice isn't up to public performance !!!
  • edited October 2010
    Partly neural elasticity- I would suggest that play and imagination is very important for healthy development in children.

We run out of choices when we're older; in a way we have new freedoms, on the other hand solidification of our worldview, a need for control and certainty to a lesser or greater extent depending on how we were raised.

If we remain open minded and open hearted I think me maintain a degree of flexibility to say the least.
  • Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Some adults still have marvellous imaginaginations, but it does subside in most. I suppose if you have a boring office job you'll not get much in the way of inspiration. But keep yeh sen crazy and do something new every day and you'll keep that imagination :) Imagination keeps you exciting, different. Imaginations are one of the greatest parts of being human.
    With imagination you can write books,
    make up games,
    write poetry,
    breed tropical fish,
    and create shows better than the expected standard of Fox production comedy.

Ohh, imagination is magical,
    escape to worlds of various strife,
    where bad things happen to nasty folk,
    while you watch flying mice.

Use an aga,
    use words like hypobextra,
    eat food not found in Tesco extra,
    own a laptop,
    design your own zoos,
    in imagination you never lose.

Imagination is magical,
    and creeps up on you in the middle of school,
    make you dream and awake early,
    on Halloween be a swimming pool.

Make up a silly dance,
    separate yourself from the average Joe,
    drink orange and passion fruit J20,
    design ways to help the homeless,
    pity those forced to immigration,
    learn about the weird facts of every single nation.

When all the world has vivid imagination,
    there'll be no boredom or insults hurled,
    because we'll all grow our own vegetables,
    and hamsters would rule the world.

Because imagination is magical,
    use it and you'll see,
    you're already half-way there,
    because your putting chives in your tea.

Yes imagination is magical,
    don't care what you wear,
    occupy yourself while you do the difficult jobs,
    and don't neglect your hair,
    wow that was random yeah!
  • ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Loved it jelly bean! Kob khoon Krup :)
  • Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited October 2010
    :D