Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

How to meditate properly, and hopefully avoid wasting your life in dead end practices

2»

Comments

• SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Meng-jia,

You may think that your right to acll yourself a teacher, a counsellor or a psychotherapist is up to you, without external validation, but I would suggest that when you entitle your post "How to meditate properly", you are claiming some authority and it is fair, I suggest, that we enquire about the source of that authority.

After all, you link your post to your "School", where you ask for contributions and, in your sig., to your counselling site where you offer services.

I also find it strange that you speak of "self-reliance" whilst maintaining that yours is the "proper" method. By this, surely, you imply that all other methods are somehow a "waste of time".

The Internet is awash with frauds and scam artists. I do not suggest that you are one such: I am simply asking you to clarify.
  • fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited November 2010
    There's also the fact that his vicious attack on Abu suggests that his own practice has a lot of holes in it. Physician heal thyself.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2010
    I'm going to close this thread for several reasons, some of which concern private communication between myself and the OP, very much in line with Simon's concerns.
    I think, quite frankly, we're done here, and I see little point in continuing this thread.
    There is too much dissent and contradiction of ideas,$ and opinions that I fear unskillful comments will merely increase.
    Thanks to all for comments and contributions.
This discussion has been closed.