Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Tummo - it might help humanity

edited November 2010 in Buddhism Today
The power to generate heat in yogi's body

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zBNHGWMju0

It's a by product of spiritual practice of Tibetan Buddhism.

Scientists are quite interested in it.

I think this sort of power can benefit mankind. It saves electrical energy (to save the world) and opens up many possibilities for human. Also, it will also make people get interested to practice Buddhism seriously.

My personal experience - I know it's real because I myself personally can heat up my body using magical means and walk in snow in T-shirt only.
But I wasn't using Tummo. I used a Chi method, which you can learn in Franz Bardon's book.

Comments

• CloudCloud Veteran
    edited October 2010
    There's a show now called Stan Lee's Superhumans, and there was a guy (yogi) on that show that could spend forever in freezing temperatures; walk around barefoot and in just shorts on snowy mountains, be submerged in a bathtub full of ice/water for an extremely long time, and so on. There's no doubt that humans are capable of conditioning their minds/bodies to do extraordinary things!
  • edited October 2010
    You can condition your surroundings too, not just your own mind/body.

Even beginners can enchange their body, by doing stuff like qigong, yoga, and Taichi.
  • edited November 2010
    Gopi Krishna, who wrote and spoke extensively about Kundalini (the basic principle behind Tummo) said that this was the evolutionary goal of mankind. Tummo/Kundalini/the "Inner Fire" brings about an enlightened state that he felt could/would save humanity, if everyone were to make the effort to access it. Is anyone here familiar with Gopi Krishna? In his later years, the UN sponsored him to travel around the world speaking about this. He was quite a guy.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited November 2010
    The question is, how do we get political leaders to experience Kundalini/Inner Fire/Bliss state? The general population can be anti-war and pro-humanity and the environment, but politicians don't seem to listen. Can you imagine Putin or Bush Jr., Robert Mugabe, or China's leadership on Kundalini? Ahmedinajad and the Israeli leadership? That's what we need.
  • edited November 2010
    Dakini wrote: »
    The question is, how do we get political leaders to experience Kundalini/Inner Fire/Bliss state? The general population can be anti-war and pro-humanity and the environment, but politicians don't seem to listen. Can you imagine Putin or Bush Jr., Robert Mugabe, or China's leadership on Kundalini? Ahmedinajad and the Israeli leadership? That's what we need.

Not to mention corporate leadership. We need corporate leadership with humanitarian values and that "oneness of all creation" vision that Kundalini/Inner Fire can bring about.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Right; get all those oil company executives on Kundalini/Tummo.
  • edited November 2010
    I spoke to a guy who had been a Buddhist monk for 20 years, and knew all the esoteric practices, including Tummo. He said that tummo really draws on the adrenal glands for its energy, and so can really stress out the adrenals if practiced too often or too long. Adrenal fatigue is a debilitating condition. I've heard that meditation is supposed to strengthen the adrenals, but I doubt it can compensate for the stress caused by practicing a lot of tummo. You said your technique was a Chi technique; is that Taoist? Maybe your technique has built-in safeguards, I don't know. (The Taoists are into longevity, after all...) Although those yogis managed to get through severe winter conditions on tummo, so I don't know what to make of these conflicting reports. I just thought I'd toss in a cautionary note.
  • edited November 2010
    I spoke to a guy who had been a Buddhist monk for 20 years, and knew all the esoteric practices, including Tummo. He said that tummo really draws on the adrenal glands for its energy, and so can really stress out the adrenals if practiced too often or too long. Adrenal fatigue is a debilitating condition. I've heard that meditation is supposed to strengthen the adrenals, but I doubt it can compensate for the stress caused by practicing a lot of tummo. You said your technique was a Chi technique; is that Taoist? Maybe your technique has built-in safeguards, I don't know. (The Taoists are into longevity, after all...) Although those yogis managed to get through severe winter conditions on tummo, so I don't know what to make of these conflicting reports. I just thought I'd toss in a cautionary note.

My chi technique is outlined in the book initiation into hermetics, by Franz Bardon.
    Not Taoist.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Does anyone know if the electromagnetic aspects of Kundalini/Tummo have been studied? I wonder if the body experiences energy surges during this phenom. Normally, the body is functioning at about 5 Hz, according to research in Russia and Poland. Healers run at about 9 Hz. I wonder what voltage Tummo practitioners are functioning at?