Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Question re "Networking" in user cp

edited November 2010 in NewBuddhist.com
What does it to mean in this context to be "contacts" with someone? To be "friends"?

Comments

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Frankly? It's crap to ignore. vBulletin is terrible and decided to try to poorly imitate Facebook or something. I can't turn it off easily or it wouldn't even be there.

Actual answer: "Contact" can be added unilaterally, "Friend" requires approval from the other person.
  • edited November 2010
    Gotcha, thank you. ^_^
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited November 2010
    May I please be given permission to disagree with you, Lincoln?

I like the friend feature, as it allows me to reach out to people in a more personal way. Also, I use it, as some others do, too. On the other hand, I loathe Facebook, and have dropped it. My family got me to join, and I know it would be good to be on there for my career, but I simply cannot stand the idle chatter and keeping up and the multiple friend requests.

Sorry if my strong language about Facebook offends anyone, but I do have five or six dislikes that I simply cannot govern. Although I cannot tolerate intolerance in others, I find myself, willy nilly, forced to accept a few intolerances of my own.
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited November 2010
    I suspended my Facebook account, so you can't speak harshly enough about it to suit me. ;)
  • ZaylZayl Veteran
    edited November 2010
    lol, I have a facebook merely to keep up with friends who have moved away. Other than that, I very rarely even log in to it.