Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Neon Genesis Evangelion?

edited November 2010 in General Banter
Has anybody here seen this amazing anime series? :O I wasn't sure where to put this thread but I bet we could talk about its Buddhistic... Buddhistine... Buddhish stuff. Made me think a lot about self-views based on aversion (vibhava-tanha) about a year ago.

For those unfamiliar with it, the best summary is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ64oaIgpQo&feature=related

Comments

• HondenHonden Dallas, TX Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Absolutely loved NGE, got the original series and the new 1.1 "You're Not Alone" on BluRay that's been coming out. The concept of the AT Field being the wall between egos that seperate humans existance from each other...interesting stuff.
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited November 2010
    J. S. Bach rules!
  • edited November 2010
    Oh this is one of my absolute favorite animes.

It's very, very interesting, especially if your into philosophy (which I'm relatively certain mos of the people on here are). Also, it has action, comedy, romance, all that good stuff. Try it. You'll like it.
  • edited November 2010
    And what of Serial Experiments Lain? I really enjoyed that one too, even if it was very difficult to understand at first. Anyone here heard of it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XfJwh2cC6o
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Watched the whole thing from the beginning, but the ending was just "out there" and didn't feel right; both versions of the ending. Got the feeling they weren't able to do it properly with not enough time/money or something.
  • edited November 2010
    Cloud wrote: »
    Watched the whole thing from the beginning, but the ending was just "out there" and didn't feel right; both versions of the ending. Got the feeling they weren't able to do it properly with not enough time/money or something.

You think so about EoE? I felt it was more a concluding thought that showed the evolution of the story from a simple psychological drama to a bizarre philosophical reflection on the qualities of self. What with the LCL Sea and all.
  • Mr_SerenityMr_Serenity Veteran
    edited November 2010
    NGE is old anime, but still good, brings back weird memories for me since I saw it long ago. If you like NGE you would like Full Metal Alchemist. It's worth watching for anyone who likes good anime.